HDA computer stopped working

galley

HDA computer stopped working

Postby galley » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:07 pm

Hello All,
I've had my HDA working for about 5 years - I've been using greyhole to combine storage for a few external drives, and then my computer stopped working - the hard drive is still good, so I pulled the hard drive from the old computer, thinking I would use that hard drive in the replacement computer. I should be able to access my files then, correct, or do I need a new set up in Control Panel? Do I need to do anything different?

I thought about using virtualbox for Amahi, thinking if I had another failure, it would be easier to set Amahi back up. It took me a few tries to get Fedora 27/Amahi 11 loaded on VirtualBox. I can log in locally to the Amahi server (from the VirtualBox), however, I'm lost as to what to do at that point - my control panel shows that my server is down even when I'm logged in to Amahi on the virtual server. I changed the host network settings in virtualbox to match what I had used in my previous Amahi 11 setup. Has anyone been successful in using virtualbox that can point me in the right direction and so that I can access my files from my previous set up? I've tried following the directions on the Wiki, however, I am lost at this point. I've searched the internet for assistance and nothing seems to be helping. Amahi is great once it works, however, I'm having trouble getting there.

I'd appreciate if someone could tell me the best and easiest way for me to move forward to get access to my saved files again. What am I missing? Thanks very much.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: HDA computer stopped working

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:52 am

Recommend you check out Amahi on Virtualbox in the wiki.

Keep in mind this is a user contributed tutorial. We don’t recommend or provide support for this type of Amahi setup.

Hope it helps.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

galley

Postby galley » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:22 am

Thanks - that’s what I was following.

It seems I need to edit the ip on control panel or set up a new profile. (I had been trying to edit it in virtualbox to match my previous setup.) I have not been able to figure out how to change or add a new one in control panel. Can you point me in the right direction please?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:04 pm

I have not been able to figure out how to change or add a new one in control panel. Can you point me in the right direction please?
You cannot edit the HDA profile. You can only have one HDA profile as a non-paid user.

The only way forward I see is either become a paid subscriber or delete the HDA profile and create a new one. You will have to reinstall Amahi on your VM as well.

Sorry, there is no other options.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

galley

Postby galley » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:19 pm

Thanks for the info. I am now a paid subscriber. I still do not see where to add a new profile. Is there a delay before I can add a new hda? Thanks!

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:26 pm

That's wonderful and thanks for the support!

Do you see an option near the bottom that shows "Start building a new HDA"?

If not, might have to contact support in order to get it enabled.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

galley

Postby galley » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:32 pm

Thanks for your guidance. I attempted to send an email to support at amahi dot org and it was returned to me as undeliverable. I thought after doing the upgrade I would receive an email detailing how to contact support, however, I have not received anything yet. I'd sure appreciate you letting me know how to proceed to get this going again. Thanks!

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:04 am

Hello,

I have sent you a private message with the work around for adding a new HDA.

Hope that helps.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

galley

Postby galley » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:40 pm

Thanks - I was able to add the HDA, but must be missing a few steps. I will message you.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:49 pm

Good. What is the issue?

Keep in mind we don’t support running your HDA on Virtualbox.

Assistant is limited.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager