adding new drives

BarHar

adding new drives

Postby BarHar » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:54 am

hopefully this is a newbie question...wasn't sure if I should post in the greyhole/pooling forum, but I'm asking it here: I've got my amahi server up and running on an HP Laptop, and I've added 2 external 2TB drives.

I log in to the fedora server at the IP address, and I can enter the interface there. The drives are available, I can see them, I've created a partition table, formatted the drives, created a partition for the entire drive, and mounted the drives. Everything looks good. But I want to pool these 2 drives together in a raid array for redundancy, but when I click on the + to create a new raid array, it says "No disks are available." Says the same thing when trying to create a volume group.

I have to think I did something wrong, where these drives are not available to create an array? Any help is greatly appreciated! thanks!

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: adding new drives

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:45 pm

You might find help in the wiki.

Check out RAID 1 and RAID 5 guidance.

Not many use RAID with Amahi as Greyhole provides a better solution in my opinion.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2