Adding Apps - Amahi Credit

pulkitagrawal

Adding Apps - Amahi Credit

Postby pulkitagrawal » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:38 pm

Hello Team,

I am completely new to Amahi and Linux. Only discovered it yesterday. Had lots of issues with FreeNAS and gave up on it. I installed Amahi yesterday (express did not go well for me), minimal install worked like a breeze.

I am starting to play with it. Ideally I would like to set it up to act as my home server and Media Server.

I have installed Amahi on a USB Stick and it is working fine. I also have 2 X 2TB WD Red HDDs in the box and I noticed I need Disk Wizard App to add them to Amahi. I can see the drives in the Drives section.

The issue I am having is that Disk Wizard app is free, but when I click on $0.00, there is no link to install it. Instead, it asks me to buy a Credit first.

Is a valid credit required even for installing free apps? I am definitely logged in.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Adding Apps - Amahi Credit

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:14 pm

Is a valid credit required even for installing free apps? I am definitely logged in.
No it is not, only for pay apps. Also if you check the app status for the Fedora version (27 for Amai 11) of disk-wizard App , you will notice that it is currently not LIVE (green). In fact it's in BETA as it's currently broken. The Amahi FAQ will shed some light on apps that have convenience fees.

You will have to manually mount your disk drives, following the adding a second hard drive wiki guidance.

Also, we do not provide support for installs on USB sticks, so if you have issues you will have to resolve on your own.

Amahi should only be installed on a hard disk or solid state drive. USB Sticks have limited life expectancy and will fail much quicker due to all the Linux OS read/write activity.

Just thought I would share that in case you were not aware.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

pulkitagrawal

Postby pulkitagrawal » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:02 pm

Thank you for taking the time to respond. It is much appreciated.

Ok great thanks. In that case, I might re-install on one of the master drives.

I wanted to keep the OS separate to the data and thus the setup. It is the only HDA I have installed. Is there a clean way to Uninstall?

The reason why I ask is I have a Free account which allows 2 HDA's. In case I just shutdown the system and re-install on one of the main drives, I will end up using the full quota.

BTW, I really like what I see in Amahi right now. System is quite stable.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:13 pm

I wanted to keep the OS separate to the data and thus the setup. It is the only HDA I have installed. Is there a clean way to Uninstall?
Most try to do the same, so they use a smaller drive for the OS. Unfortunately, there is no uninstall option. You must start over from scratch.
The reason why I ask is I have a Free account which allows 2 HDA's. In case I just shutdown the system and re-install on one of the main drives, I will end up using the full quota.
No need to create a second HDA profile. Use the same one you had for your USB stick.

Yes Amahi works fairly well for most. We are working on an updated version using Fedora 32 as the current Amahi version uses a Fedora OS that is retired. All still works well, just won't receive any OS updates.

No ETIC on when Amahi 12 will be ready.

Hope that helps.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2