Low size capacity on shares

martinmarie

Low size capacity on shares

Postby martinmarie » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:23 am

Hi,
I'm very new to Amahi (so I'll post in this section).
Got the system up and running mainly using the tutorials and guides. As the system seemed all set I started moving some media files onto the Amahi home server.
I'm not a native English-speaker, so I created new shares with names in my own language thus I deleted the preset shares (books, docs and so on).
It seems that Amahi for no appearent reason limits my shared folders to 52,6 GB each - that's going to give me a crappy structure as some media folders must be at least 1000 GB for me to upload everything. As far as I can understand Amahi would not normally limit the size of any folder...

I have an 8 TB HDD - I started out with a 120 GB system SSD plus the 8 TB for storage, but couldn't figure out how to set up Amahi to not use the small SSD for shares so I reinstalled from the image CD again.

Can anyone guide me to a suitable solution?

Also, I spend some cash buying some 'one-click apps' - are they forever lost if I do a reinstallation or are the bound to my account?

Thanks,
Martin

cpg
Administrator

Re: Low size capacity on shares

Postby cpg » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:50 am

Hi, did you try the Disk Wizard app?

Or this https://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Adding ... o_your_HDA (which points to the Disk Wizard as well).

Each drive should be mounted in one location ... then you can make new (or change the path of existing) shares to use the newly mounted drives.

Most likely, all your space went into the /home partition (which we strongly recommend against) and ended up with little space for shares.

We recommend new drives being (formatted first, then) mounted at /var/hda/files/drives/{drive0,drive1,.. etc.}

Does that help?
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1