reinstalled AMAHI after year of idle time - GREYHOLE PROBS

s9601694

reinstalled AMAHI after year of idle time - GREYHOLE PROBS

Postby s9601694 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:56 am

My daughter is getting married and my wife is going to kill me if i can't get some pictures off my drives.

I had amahi up and running a up to a year or so ago. It crashed and required a reinstall. I can't remember my previous version, but i finally got to installing a fresh install of Amahi 11.

i have an SSD that runs Amahi and two 1TB drives that were configured with Grey hole. The install is successful and amahi 11 is purring away. I reconnected my 2 1TB drives.

I installed Greyhole UI

in dashboard-> setup -> disks i see my 3 drives with their temperature data (that's good right?)

Under drive pooling -> partitions i do not see my 2 1TB drives.. Also, under drive pooling --> status it says "greyhole not active' . I turned on advanced settings and i started greyhole UI server under settings--> servers but it keeps turning itself off.

I also tried to follow the "Reconnect existing Greyhole storage pool" wiki but got nowhere because i didnt save the files they suggest to save (couldn't get there because my amahi was broke).

I am at a loss. I got myself nicely educated on the amahi deal in the past (advanced newb) but not using it has put me back to 'newb of the newbs'

PLEASE HELP ME GET TO THESE PICTURES AND THE OTHER DATA ON THESE DRIVES :cry: :cry: . My next resort it to click on of the drives into a windows 10 machine hoping that that will work..

thanks!!

Too Blessed To Be Stressed

First time Amahi! Up and running 5/11/15 after only the second try! Migrated from Solaris.

BIOSTAR A780L3B 760G AM3 Motherboard w/AMD Athlon II X4 640 Quad Core Processor
4GB DDR3 RAM
1 ea 32GB SSD dedicated to AMAHI root partition
2 ea 2TB WD Green for data storage (Greyhole)

s9601694

Re: reinstalled AMAHI after year of idle time - GREYHOLE PROBS

Postby s9601694 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:10 am

Went trough the mounting process too.

HDA-DISKMOUNT

Got two almost identical messages (one for Drive1 and one for Drive2) that said "already mounted" followed by the expected messages "mounted dev/sbd1..."

Now the two drives do appear in Drive Pooling!

I am going to retry greyhole :?

Too Blessed To Be Stressed

First time Amahi! Up and running 5/11/15 after only the second try! Migrated from Solaris.

BIOSTAR A780L3B 760G AM3 Motherboard w/AMD Athlon II X4 640 Quad Core Processor
4GB DDR3 RAM
1 ea 32GB SSD dedicated to AMAHI root partition
2 ea 2TB WD Green for data storage (Greyhole)

modem7

Re: reinstalled AMAHI after year of idle time - GREYHOLE PROBS

Postby modem7 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:22 am

what does the service status say in the cli?