CLOSED: Cannot add disk to pool

bleriot

Re: Cannot add disk to pool

Postby bleriot » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:38 am

I'm back

Ok, I did a complete reinstall of Amahi. I have to do it from a CD since my Linux Mint laptop suddenly is not capable to create a bootable USB...

So the Amahi got installed and I followed all of your instructions, added the second drive, made it to be recognized on boot as instructed in the guide, and the Amahi immediately crashed at boot.

I'm trying to install Webmin (i'm a bit familiar with Webmin) on fedora, and this is not working either. It's not working out well for right now :cry: :cry: :cry:
There has to be a way to make these things work, but how???

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:37 am

I think some of your issues may be caused by the Express CD.

Best to use the Minimal Install CD in my opinion.

If you're willing to start over, might be the best option at this point.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

bleriot

Postby bleriot » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:22 am

OK, thanks, I'll try

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:13 pm

Sounds good.

Please let us know how it goes.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

bleriot

Postby bleriot » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:04 am

Hi again

I have given up (until now) on installing Amahi on my HP Data Vault. I will purchase a Drobo to use as a NAS and for my PC backups.

I'm looking forward to be able to use Amahi again on an other occasion, and when the user friendliness has been improved, because at this moment, it is just to complicated and demanding to install on that kind of (headless) machines. After battling this install for at least 4 weeks, I esteem it to be to time costly. I've been searching all over the internet for solutions, and none of them came as close as yours, and none of them worked, and this is absolutely no criticism of your suggestions ;) .
For the time I've used to try to find a solution, I could have bought 3 Drobo boxes... It's simply not worth it.

I'm really looking forward to the day that the Linux community have a product that functions as well, and is as easy to install and use for "dummies" like me, as the Microsoft Home Server. At that moment I'll go all in Linux for sure! :mrgreen:

I'm grateful for the help you've given me so far. Thanks :D

Best regards
Bleriot

strellnikov

Postby strellnikov » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:22 pm

I have just been thru a very challenging install of A11. To get around DISKWISARD I installed COCKPIT and was able to mount 2 additional hdd AND partition my OS drive to add additional 1.5 tb to disk pool. I don't understand why COCKPIT is not promoted as a workaround to DISK WISARD.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:25 pm

Sorry to hear you’ve not been able to get Amahi working.

We strive to make to simple, but obviously there is still work needed.

Appreciate your patience and persistence.

Marking thread as closed.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:39 pm

@strellnikov

Was not aware that cockpit App could be used to mount drives.

Would be great if you could provide the steps you took to get your drives added to Amahi.

BTW we cannot promote an app as an alternative when we don’t know its capabilities. We package apps and verify they work basically , but don’t check every feature and function. There’s just no time with a 3-man team who provides the entire Amahi platform for FREE. We are all volunteers.

Also, regarding the download links being broken for Fedora 27. Fedora moved the version 27 to archive as it's at EOL, so it broke the download links in the wiki. Torrent still worked for DVD, but HTTP did not.

This has been corrected now.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

bleriot

Re: CLOSED: Cannot add disk to pool

Postby bleriot » Wed May 01, 2019 1:59 pm

Well considering that you are a team of 3 people and doing this on your free time, is telling me that you guys are dedicated!!!
Please continue the good work, and you will end up with a even better product than this already awesome one you have now.

I wish you the best of luck

Bleriot