Nothing but trouble...

Egghed

Nothing but trouble...

Postby Egghed » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:42 pm

I've been trying to get this server up for days now. I've tried to ask for help in a chat room and look for answers in every directions. I've reinstalled from scratch to a painful perfection...and still nothing. Fedora runs fine, and Amahi, now, will not even load to the console. I live outside any good broadband connection and have had a difficult time with the install because there isn't an iso or anything to install from. And, I get no help. I really wanted to tell my co-workers how great another Linux product is, but I guess it's back to Windows server, even at home. Not impressed, in fact, down right frustrated. Can't configure it at work where I have good bandwidth and bring it home to use it, can't build it at home because of slow speeds, and once I put it together on eggshells, it doesn't work anyway...and the console says "We're sorry, but something went wrong..." Nice.

Egghed

Re: Nothing but trouble...

Postby Egghed » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:31 pm

Love this...from the original email: 'If you do not install in one shot, we owe you. Your feedback on how to improve installation will be very valuable!'

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Nothing but trouble...

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:16 am

And, I get no help.
Sorry to hear you are having issues. Please understand this is a free product, so support is limited. What you are trying to do is a nonstandard install and why you are having issues.

It is possible to install it on one network, then switch it to another. However this requires support to assist.

Honestly, if you were to install the OS at work and #Amahi at home that would work better. Most of the bandwidth draw is from the OS, not #Amahi.

The HDA profile needs to reflect your home network settings, not the ones from work.

If you are still wanting to try, happy to assist.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2