CLOSED: Install Help Please

kvinzant

CLOSED: Install Help Please

Postby kvinzant » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:16 am

I just received my Dell T30 Server today and I am ready to install Amahi. However, I have several questions.

First, like many users, I use Private Internet Access VPN on all my computers (two laptops and three desktops) located in my home. In addition, I use Windows Defender Anti Virus on all these units with Windows 10. I have a Linksys EA 8500 wireless router that supplies the wireless signal from the ATT modem.

I need to know do I turn off DHCP on the router "before" I install? Also, can I use the PIA with Amahi? And what anti virus is available for use with Amahi?

My plan is to download whatever files are needed for an install to a USB drive and install from there. Please let me know if this is the correct install procedure.

I have a good bit of computer experience. I have built my own desktop computer and manage my home system. However, networking is new to me. I hope Amahi turns out not to be as complicated as it seems at this time.

Thanks.

Ken

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Install Help Please

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:48 am

I need to know do I turn off DHCP on the router "before" I install?
No. Follow the instructions at http://docs.amahi.org.
Also, can I use the PIA with Amahi? And what anti virus is available for use with Amahi?
Not sure, that is something you will have to explore. We do not provide any support for out of the norm network setups.
My plan is to download whatever files are needed for an install to a USB drive and install from there.
Follow the instructions mentioned above. USB is not officially supported, but has been known to work based on some user feedback.

Happy to assist. Not sure why you think #Amahi seems complicated. It's much simpler to install than building a server from scratch using a Linus OS. Most of the capabilities would require quite a bit of time to install and configure manually.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

kvinzant

Postby kvinzant » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:24 am

Bigfoot,

Thanks for the answers. I'll give it a whirl and see what happens.

k

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:24 pm

Sounds good.

Please let us know if you need further assistance. If not, we will mark this one closed.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:39 pm

Based on your other forum topic, this one is resolved.

Marking as closed.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager