rE-iNSTALL or Re-Install?

joebombay

rE-iNSTALL or Re-Install?

Postby joebombay » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:06 pm

I'm at appoint where the server is working about 50%.
there are about 4 issues I can't resolve...
Installing the necessary app's is very difficult for me and I'm just now getting familiar with this program...

Question: I installed a new hard drive for more disk space and I must have done it wrong... it is not recognized, also, My status on the control panel is "not running"??? and I can't access my home server dashboard... what happened? I don't think it's me... My network is still working (somewhat)

Should I abandon everything and start over? How do I do that? other than reloading Fedora 25....

Being unfamiliar with this program, it is difficult to navigate through the steps as explained in the readings. I don't believe I know what apps to buy and install for the complete benefit of your product.

joebombay

Re: rE-iNSTALL or Re-Install?

Postby joebombay » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:34 pm

Resolve is awesome... There may be some detailed information as to some of the "self imposed" and "file corruption" issues identified coming from the Team...

I'll attempt at a later date.

FYI: The Amahi support has been TOPs assisting me and working through this install... "Real Happy" Product and Service.

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:07 am

Great to hear things are back on track! 8-)

Post any issues here. The corruption in MariaDB could be a combination of drive being full and possibly power outages coming in at the wrong time. Hopefully this does not happen again.

For printer, I would say go to Network > Fixed IPs and set the IP of your networked printer as a fixed IP, so its easier to locate by name and IP. You can find the MAC address for it from the DHCP Leases page.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:33 am

Question: I installed a new hard drive for more disk space and I must have done it wrong... it is not recognized
Drives that are added to Linux are not mounted by default.

You have two options, install the disk-wizard App or follow the manual guidance.

BTW, the #Amahi wiki is a great source of how to's and guidance.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:31 pm

Is this resolved?

If so we will mark it as closed.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2