Passwords

joebombay

Passwords

Postby joebombay » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:37 pm

I'm not good at explaining things Please bare with me! on the Fedora at the HDA:/login prompt My password does not work??? I need to reset this.

The other thing is that in my Amani dashboard also doesn't seem to work anymore...????

Last but not least I can't connect to my printer anymore... There doesn't seem to be a "print server" on board? I tried to make the HDA the PS, hence how the password issue came up...

The HDA does show up on other Network devices... That's how I know the server is working... Owncloud10 I can't access to set up.

Any suggestions, guidance would be greatly appreciated... I'm a home user on the farm and not an avid egg head... so I may be slow... :D

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Passwords

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:06 am

on the Fedora at the HDA:/login prompt My password does not work???
Did you follow the Amahi 10 Install guidance precisely? You should have set a user name, password, and marked the make administrator check box. If you are able to SSH into the server, then you should be able to access the dashboard. First login to the dashboard requires you to enter your password twice. Ensure you enter the same one used when you created the user for the Fedora install.
Last but not least I can't connect to my printer anymore...
You addressed this in the post here. Please do not post in multiple places. Let's address one issue at a time.
Any suggestions, guidance would be greatly appreciated
It appears you have quite a mess. I suggest you start over with the install from scratch. Work slowly and don't try to do everything all at once. Get the HDA dashboard login working, then move to installing an app. The printer should be the last thing you work.

There are too many things going on here to address them all at once. Best if we work this one step at a time.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2