Shares not editable from Extplorer app

mjaw

Shares not editable from Extplorer app

Postby mjaw » Tue May 30, 2017 6:41 pm

Hi why can't i use the Extplorer app to upload files into the default share folders. It sees the folders but can not write to them.
My Sonarr app doesn't event see the shares folders at all and I assume doesn't have write access either.

I tried to view the share folders using SSH and looking at the files that way but I cannot even see the shares that way.

I was going to try to change permissions or give the apps permission but I don;t know what to do.

Help Please.

I'm running Fedora 25 server on HP Mediasmart server hardware. Otherwise Amahi 10 is operating smoothly.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Shares not editable from Extplorer app

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed May 31, 2017 6:37 am

Please provide the URL for:

Code: Select all

apaste --sysinfo
Hi why can't i use the Extplorer app to upload files into the default share folders. It sees the folders but can not write to them.
I would recommend you try pydio App. The shares are already preloaded and it should work fine. extplorer App is an old app and no longer maintained by the developer, so may be some compatibility issues with the current OS.

All shares are located in /var/hda/files, so you need to look there when accessing by command line.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2