My Amahi 9 on Fedoar 23 Dashboard is missing options - it is vertical+--

jsturnbull

My Amahi 9 on Fedoar 23 Dashboard is missing options - it is vertical+--

Postby jsturnbull » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:19 pm

I have a running system - but my Dashboard does not give me all of the options available when I have installed applications.
I have installed Disk Wizard, GreyHole, OpenVPN, Plex ....
My Dashboard used to be Horizontal across the top, but now it is down the side (vertical) & does not give me all of my options. Specifically I cannot see ADD for adding a new disk via Disk Wizard?
Attachments
amahi horizontal dashboard.PNG
current dashboard display
amahi horizontal dashboard.PNG (24.09 KiB) Viewed 1747 times

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: My Amahi 9 on Fedoar 23 Dashboard is missing options - it is vertical+--

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:38 pm

My Dashboard used to be Horizontal across the top, but now it is down the side (vertical) & does not give me all of my options.
BTW the apps only show on the main page. Select home and you will see them. It appears you don't have Advanced Settings enabled. That will display additional options in the dashboard.

You must have changed the theme. Go to Settings, Themes and change it back to the first theme. That should restore things back to normal. Did you try to install a different theme from the Amahi store?

Based on your input, there may be some bugs in the vertical theme. Request you please submit a bug report if that is the case.

What's odd is I am running the same as you and my vertical list looks fine. Did you make some manual configuration changes. Also have you tried a refresh?

If you need further assistance, please provide the URL for:

Code: Select all

apaste --sysinfo
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

jsturnbull

Postby jsturnbull » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:18 pm

Hi Bigfoot, thanks for your prompt reply.

I am unable to see the "Theme's" option on my current dashboard & I do have Advanced selected. I have attached screen shots.

I do recall selecting "THEME" when it was across the top & ended up with the vertical display I have now - with no ability to select the other options. I would like to change my themes, but was unable to follow the tutorials/guides so have stayed away from them - as the directories they refer to do not match what is on my system.

The url for the apaste is: https://paste.fedoraproject.org/555686/34070148

Thanks
John
Attachments
Amahi-Home screen.PNG
Amahi-Home screen.PNG (25.65 KiB) Viewed 1739 times
Amahi Settings screen.PNG
Amahi Settings screen.PNG (24.41 KiB) Viewed 1739 times

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:22 pm

Did you follow the install instructions precisely? Yes themes guidance in the wiki is outdated. Following it could break the HDA.

It looks like you have LXDE desktop installed. We do not support those type of installs.

That's likely the cause of your issues. The install must be minimal install as documented. Sorry but we cannot provide support otherwise.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2