CLOSED: Fedora 23 GUI

Wildwood

CLOSED: Fedora 23 GUI

Postby Wildwood » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:33 am

Hi guys I followed the installation guide but didn't choose minimal install when installing Fedora. I left the default Fedora server checked. My question is this, does that mean I have a graphical interface? If so how to I get to it. Next question is if I install a program manually on the server will it show up in the Amahi dashboard? Lets say I logged into Fedora with a GUI and installed Plex. Would Plex show up in my Amahi dashboard, or are those apps in the dashboard for purchased apps only?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Fedora 23 GUI

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:25 pm

I followed the installation guide but didn't choose minimal install when installing Fedora. I left the default Fedora server checked.
It's important you follow instructions and not deviate. There's a reason for only installing as minimal server or it would not be documented as such. If you experience problems, that could be the cause.
My question is this, does that mean I have a graphical interface?
Kiinda. #Amahi is web based. The actual sever is headless. We don't support a desktop version with #Amahi.
If so how to I get to it.
You use a web browser and enter http://hda/ or http://IP_ADDRESS (replace with the IP address of your server). This is also documented in the install guidance under the Transitioning to your #Amahi Server.
Next question is if I install a program manually on the server will it show up in the Amahi dashboard?
No. A feature as such is not supported not would it be easy to implement.
Lets say I logged into Fedora with a GUI and installed Plex. Would Plex show up in my Amahi dashboard, or are those apps in the dashboard for purchased apps only?
Any app that you install via the HDA Dashboard will show up in the dashboard providing it has a web based link. There are some apps, such as openvpn App that do not have a web based page.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

Wildwood

Postby Wildwood » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:52 pm

Thanks, I am going to reinstall and make sure I get everything right. Thanks for all your help. I really like the Server so far!

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:57 pm

No problem.

If you need further assistance please start a new topic.

Marking this one as closed.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2