New to Amahi & Linux

napster

New to Amahi & Linux

Postby napster » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:44 pm

I've searched the Forum and apologize in advance if this information has already been posted.

I've installed Amahi and it is working fine in a headless environment. I've also installed a number of apps that seem to be working as well.

I'm working on setting up owncloud. The app is installed and I'm trying to login from one of my network Linux PC's but have been receiving the following error message

"You are accessing the server from an untrusted domain.
Please contact your administrator. If you are an administrator of this instance, configure the "trusted_domain" setting in config/config.php. An example configuration is provided in config/config.sample.php.
Depending on your configuration, as an administrator you might also be able to use the button below to trust this domain."

The following link on that page doesn't solve the issue.

Add "owncloud8.odyssey.net" as trusted domain

I've researched the issue and know that I need to modify the owncloud config file to include the IP address of the device I'm trying to access from.

Here in lies my issue and as a result my questions:

As my Amahi server is headless, I've SSH'd into the server but can't get to the directory where the config file is located (according to my research on the forum the file is located in the following directory (/var/hda/web-apps/owncloud8/html/config/)

I can SSH into my HDA as my user name with my password and end up in the username@localhost.

This doesn't seem to be correct. I've tried the sudo command but my user password that i use to login as my username doesn't work.

I don't know how to navigate to the directory. I used to be quite good in DOS and I'm somewhat familiar with basic linux commands and have a linux command reference guide.

cd dir, cd, etc. don't work.

I've tried to use MC, but it doesn't appear to be loaded with the Fedora package.

I used Krusader from the remote device, but can only see the shares on the HDA and can't access the file system.

What am I doing wrong?

How can I access the file to make the required edits?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: New to Amahi & Linux

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:39 am

I can SSH into my HDA as my user name with my password and end up in the username@localhost.
That is the correct behavior. Once logged in, you will see a terminal prompt only.
This doesn't seem to be correct. I've tried the sudo command but my user password that i use to login as my username doesn't work.
Try using

Code: Select all

sudo su -
then enter your user password.
to get to a directory, it's cd and the path just like in DOS. If you intend to use command line, recommend you check out some tutorials on the internet. Will make things easier for you in the long run.

Also have you checked the ownCloud wiki page? Might be helpful.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

napster

Re: New to Amahi & Linux

Postby napster » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:29 pm

Thanks for the pointers and quick response!

Will try this evening and report back.