SOLVED: Crash Plan falied to install

baileyt2

SOLVED: Crash Plan falied to install

Postby baileyt2 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:29 am

I'm an abject newbie. I've installed Amahi, and I established a $5 Amahi credit. I attempted to install Crash Plan, and got the following error:

This app failed to install :-( We REALLY HATE that.This could be due to a bug, slow failed network, app bug or other changes to the system. Please share the logs (in Linux, via terminal or SSH) using "apaste" as follows:tail -600 /var/log/amahi-app-installer.log | apaste
If you feel this is a bug we at the Amahi Team would like to hear from you via the forums the bug tracker or the IRC support channel.

First, I don't know how to issue the above command to share the logs. Second, my Amahi credit has been debited, despite the failed installation. That's not right.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Crash Plan falied to install

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:03 am

Sorry to hear of the issue. We strive to ensure our apps work first time. Is this by chance Fedora 21, Amahi 8. If so, you will notice the Crashplan application is in ALPHA (RED) status and not ready for use. Anything that is not GREEN (LIVE) and likely will not work correctly many times.

Please provide the URL for the following command:

Code: Select all

fpaste --sysinfo
We hopefully can determine the problem and get this sorted out.
First, I don't know how to issue the above command to share the logs.
You need terminal access. This can be done directly on the server of via SSH.
Second, my Amahi credit has been debited, despite the failed installation. That's not right.
The convenience fee is charged up front for all applications. We have no way to know if the app installs successfully, so that's the reason it's done this way.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

baileyt2

Postby baileyt2 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:58 am

Yes, Fedora 21 Amahi 8. Why would one list an app as ready for installation, when it really isn't? I'll know better next time to avoid the alpha status apps.

Unfortunately, I'm at work now (well, I suppose that's fortunate given the alternative), and I don't have access to the server. Had I remembered to bring my laptop to test out the VPN remote access maybe it would be different. And, even if I were at home, I don't have a keyboard or monitor for the server--I only have a couple laptops--I had to borrow the monitor and keyboard to set up the server. Sorry to be lame about this. I appreciate your help.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:04 am

Why would one list an app as ready for installation, when it really isn't? I'll know better next time to avoid the alpha status apps.
The app is not listed for installation. We show all applications regardless of availability so users have visibility. We had many requests to see what was going to be available in the future and this is the best way. Also you can only purchase apps that are not LIVE via the web site. This may be confusing, but only apps that have convenience fees must be purchased from amahi.org. Then they show up in the Available Apps tab of your HDA. All over LIVE apps that are free currently are reflected in that tab.

Yes you should avoid any application that is not LIVE for Amahi 8. The status is listed on the lower right side of the screen for each application.
I don't have a keyboard or monitor for the server
You can SSH into your server from any client in your network. There is guidance in the wiki should you need assistance.
Sorry to be lame about this. I appreciate your help.
No worries. It's all about managing expectations and trying to help out.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

baileyt2

Re: Crash Plan failed to install

Postby baileyt2 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:06 pm

I'm having trouble figuring out the ssh. I this what I'm supposed to follow to do this? Do I use the IP address that they give in the example? When I try that or the Amahi assigned server IP for my hda, I get a network time out error.

https://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Key-Ba ... _Amahi_HDA

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:15 pm

Yes use the IP address for your HDA.

If you installed Fedora 21 recently there is an issue with SSH access. See the Amahi Bug #1871 to correct it. You will need terminal access on the HDA though to complete.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

baileyt2

Postby baileyt2 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:24 pm

PuTTY fails to connect, with a timed out network error. Same thing happens if I try to browse to the server's IP. I can ping it without problems.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:36 am

See my previous post. You need to follow the guidance there directly on the HDA, not using SSH.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

baileyt2

Postby baileyt2 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:22 pm

URL for --sysinfo

//paste.fedoraproject.org/292152/90317614

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:30 pm

Did you try the solution in Amahi Bug #1871 as recommended? That should fix your problem with SSH access.

If not, we can diagnose further.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager