Can't see my data anywhere

Chrisleen

Can't see my data anywhere

Postby Chrisleen » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:31 pm

I have installed Amahi, but can't see my data anywhere. I must be missing something.

What I've done and what I can see

I have Amahi running on an old laptop with a 3TB USB Drive connected to it.

I used the Wiki directions for mounting that drive.

I can see the 2 drives (laptop and the USB) listed on the Disks section of the the Amahi Dashboard.

I can see the names of the shares I created in the shares section of the Amahi Dashboard, the Amahi iOS App and in a file browser (when I typed \\HDA into a files browser in windows.)

HOWEVER, the issue is: I don't know how to associate the data that exists on the USB Hardrive with the related shares.

SO: When I go to the Amahi Dashboard, or the File Browser in Windows, or the Amahi app for IOS, I can see the names of the shares, but I don't see my existing folders and files on the USB Drive.

What am I missing?

How do I associate the existing data (or new data for that matter) to the shares?

When its working right, whats the best way to organize and move files around in different folders?

Thanks!

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Can't see my data anywhere

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:46 am

You will need to create a share in the Dashboard and point the path to the new drive you added. Once you do that, you will be able access the files.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

Chrisleen

Postby Chrisleen » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:55 pm

As I am new to Linux, can you help coach me on the the way to list the path to the drives?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:58 pm

The path is the same one you added to /etc/fstab.

Create the share and add that for the path.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

Chrisleen

Postby Chrisleen » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:23 pm

I hate to be dull here. But I am not sure how much of that line. Is it just the /var/hda/files part? That looks like a path to my novice eyes. Or does it start with the UUID etc. When I get this right, what will this allow, the ability to see things in the Amahi mobile app?

What about from my PC? And my wife's Mac? Is there a way I can see the HDA files in Windows Explorer (I think that what its called) I.E. the file manager? It does not show up there now. What about on the Mac?

I've read through Forum and WIki posts, but not found the answers to these yet.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:40 pm

When you mounted the second drive/partition, there should be a line that looks like:
/var/hda/files/drives/drive1
Use that for the path.
What about from my PC? And my wife's Mac? Is there a way I can see the HDA files in Windows Explorer (I think that what its called) I.E. the file manager? It does not show up there now. What about on the Mac?
Recommend you read through the wiki. It provides info on how to access shares with MAC.

Don't mind helping, but you may have to read wiki articles and play around with things. Seems that many of the questions you have are documented there. Just have to search.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager