CLOSED: CrashPlan cloud backup

Rok

CLOSED: CrashPlan cloud backup

Postby Rok » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:41 am

I purchased the CrashPlan plug-in and set it up as per the instructions which is fine for backing up from my Windows machine to my Amahi server. What I want, though, is to backup folders from my Amahi server to the CrashPlan cloud storage. (I pay monthly for this so the functionality is available). Now, with the current set up I am able to configure CrashPlan on the server from my Windows desktop machine to backup to the cloud but this means that my Windows desktop will have to be turned on for the synchronization to take place. What steps do I need to perform to automate this directly from the server? Is the plug-in actually of use for that or should I uninstall it and follow the CrashPlan instructions on setting things up on a Linux machine?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: CrashPlan cloud backup

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:22 pm

You should be able to use the CrashPlan client on the Windows Desktop to configure the version running on the HDA. With that being the case, you should be able to indicate what folders are backed up to the cloud.

CrashPlan Desktop client guidance may be helpful here.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

Rok

Postby Rok » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:53 pm

Brilliant - thank you. I already had it set up like that but thought that the desktop client needed to be running to control the CrashPlan on the HDA rather than just being used to configure (and optionally monitor) it remotely. Great plug-in - great work. Thank you :)

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:51 pm

Not a problem.

If you find anything that could be beneficial to others, please feel free to add it to the wiki.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2