Can't access the internet

avica

Can't access the internet

Postby avica » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:41 pm

Hello
I made a mistake with the Modem Getway and I understend that I have to reinstall Amahi.
I did delete the profile and created a new and hopfuly correct one.
The problem is that running:

Code: Select all

hda-install -f KEYCODE
I get a massage that says stopping monit failed and later when it try to get profile it fails accessing the web.

what am I doing wrong?

moredruid
Expert

Re: Can't access the internet

Postby moredruid » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:48 pm

probably you forgot to turn DHCP on your router back on.
failing that, your hda is probably stuck with a fixed IP in the wrong range. You can try to run "dhclient eth0" on the command line (terminal). Not sure if this works though. I know there's a way to uninstall amahi, thus releasing the IP settings as well, but I forgot what the command was.
echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D2173656C7572206968616D41snlbxq' | dc
Galileo - HP Proliant ML110 G6 quad core Xeon 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 2x750GB RAID1 + 2x1TB RAID1 HDD

bsk

Re: Can't access the internet

Postby bsk » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:12 pm

Go into your router (if you can) and turn DHCP Server back ON, then reboot your hda, when on do:

Code: Select all

hda-install -f CODE
And then restart again after that has completed, let your hda boot up, turn DHCP Server back OFF on your router and reboot your hda once more.

If you cannot get to your router, do a hard reset on it so set it back to factory settings, and then start from there.

What I like to do is, set it up like I would have it set up WITHOUT Amahi and save (backup) the configuration, that way its easy to go back if needed.
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.