Canon MP860 print issues

gtfisher

Canon MP860 print issues

Postby gtfisher » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:26 pm

Hi All.

I have got my canon mp860 connected up to amahi on Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS, I can connect via vnc and print a ubuntu test page, i can add the canon printer on windows & install the dirvers. but as soon as I try and print from winodws (7 pro) I get a print error in showing in the print q and nothing prints.

Can anyone offer any advice?

many thanks
Grant

stern88

Re: Canon MP860 print issues

Postby stern88 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:09 pm

Hi All.

I have got my canon mp860 connected up to amahi on Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS, I can connect via vnc and print a ubuntu test page, i can add the canon printer on windows & install the dirvers. but as soon as I try and print from winodws (7 pro) I get a print error in showing in the print q and nothing prints.

Can anyone offer any advice?
Yes, use the printserver CUPS.

http://www.cups.org/
sudo apt-get install cups cups-client cups-bsd

gtfisher

Postby gtfisher » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:43 am

thanks, I have CUPS installed, and I have not managed to print a word document from a windows 7 client, but now I can't print pdf's from windows clients. I can happily print a pdf from the ubuntu desktop, but if I submit a pdf from a windows client a job seems to get submitted to the print queue but nothing prints out

To enable print sharing seems to be taking forever - thinking I may as well go and buy a wireless printer!

stern88

Postby stern88 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:13 am

thanks, I have CUPS installed, and I have not managed to print a word document from a windows 7 client, but now I can't print pdf's from windows clients. I can happily print a pdf from the ubuntu desktop, but if I submit a pdf from a windows client a job seems to get submitted to the print queue but nothing prints out
Do at first: sudo cupsctl --share-printers --remote-admin --remote-printers
Than explain clearly what you can do and what not. By using CUPS can you print anything?

Post your log files: /var/log/cups/
To enable print sharing seems to be taking forever - thinking I may as well go and buy a wireless printer!
Use my command to enable printer sharing. As long as your printer works fine you dont need a new one. But in case you really need a new printer I recommend you to buy a multifunctional device with ADF.

gtfisher

Postby gtfisher » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:44 am

Thanks for the reply, will give the cupctl commands a try when I get home - don't have remote access, and will checkout log files

cheers, Grant

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:42 am

Did you follow wiki guidance? There are tutorials for installing printers and PDF printers on HDA.

http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Adding_ ... ed_printer

http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/PDF_Printer
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2