Newly added files not showing in search

Agust

Newly added files not showing in search

Postby Agust » Wed May 23, 2012 2:16 am

Hi,

Just installed Amahi again after some inital configuration problems yesterday.

Added some files - and then tried the search. How long should it take for files to appear in search in general? Instantly?

I took a look at this: http://bugs.amahi.org/issues/show/622 - but can't understand much other then there is a cron job involved.

Is there a way for me to check if the job is running and if not - to fix it?

One more thing - I'd like to add the bulk of my files by connecting a USB drive to the server - because it is faster - is that OK or is that a not-recommended way of doing things (by passing something that the server usually does when you add files using client machines)?

Agust

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Newly added files not showing in search

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed May 23, 2012 4:43 am

Not sure the search file works correctly. I will have to take a look and get back with you.

As far as adding a USB hard drive, that is fine. It's your server, but remember that it may need to be mounted manually via the hda-diskmount script if Fedora does not recognize it. Also if you do not add it to /etc/fstab, it could disappear on reboot.

If you intent is just to transfer files, then should not have to do much. I'd think Fedora would see it and mount automatically. If you can access the Fedora desktop, you will know for sure. Keep in mind if using Greyhole, you need to setup mount_shares_locally script when moving/copying files directly on the HDA.

http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Mount_Shares_Locally

If you do not, there will be unpredictable results and they may not be pleasant.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

Agust

Re: Newly added files not showing in search

Postby Agust » Wed May 23, 2012 5:09 am

Hi,

Thanks for commenting. I just checked the search again (after letting the server sit for 3-4 hours) - and now the search works - so I guess there was a background job that needed to run.

It would be good to have a way of kick starting it manually - or at least have an overview of when it is scheduled to run - and the history of it running. I'm a novice user on Linux - so I'll google around and see if I can find it...

Agust