Something's Missing?

rdagijones

Something's Missing?

Postby rdagijones » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:25 am

This will sound strange but I cannot tell if a drive is missing or if something else is wrong. I have Amahi on Fedora 14 installed on an 80gb drive. My shares are on a software RAID1 of 2 1tb drives. When I run #cat /proc/mdstat I get the following:

Code: Select all

Personalities : [raid1] md0 : active raid1 sdb1[0] sdc1[1] 976759676 blocks super 1.1 [2/2] [UU] bitmap: 0/8 pages [0KB], 65536KB chunk
I can access all of my shares and Fedora seems to be running just fine.

Here is what is strange: Before I started setting up some cron jobs for ClamAV I have three drives listed in Fedora under "Computer" ... the CD/DVD drive, File System and another drive (I don't remember the name for the drive but I do remember that there was a small green emblem on the bottom corner of the drive.)

I know that it is obvious to some that I am new to Amahi and Fedora. (I have been using Ubuntu for some years but I am still a novice.) I just cannot figure out what has vanished. Any ideas?
Attachments
Missing_Something.jpg
Missing_Something.jpg (59.4 KiB) Viewed 1617 times

radioz

Re: Something's Missing?

Postby radioz » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:43 pm

Well if you set up your raid post-installation, perhaps you are remembering a different drive configuration.

Your screen looks fine. Go to your hda Setup/storage page. It should show your 'two' drives (one os drive and the combined raid1 array as a single drive).

I have a similar installation on my machine.

rdagijones

Re: Something's Missing?

Postby rdagijones » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:35 pm

You're right. Everything checks out on the Setup / Storage page. All the stats are the same for the Partitions and Disks tables. It's just strange that there would be a drive symbol there one minute and then it is gone the next. Anyone else have a guess at it?