Installing Gallery 2.3

sc4s2cg

Installing Gallery 2.3

Postby sc4s2cg » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:14 am

Hi,

I'm trying to install Gallery 2.3 inorder to use PicLens on my server (and ajaxplorer, took me a while to figure out what the different errors meant, but I managed). During the past 5-6 hours I was able to get to the point where I understand how to install web-apps, was able to go to the Gallery 2 link and there proceed up to and including step 4 of the installation.

However, due to my lack of linux skills, I cannot seem to figure out how to do a "Database Setup". I went through different tutorials, most notably the one I listed below, but always got stuck at changing the default password. I got denied each time. And so, suitably, also got denied whenever I tried to do anything at all in mysql.

What, exactly, are databases and how can I set up a username/password/hostname/database name to make Gallery 2.3 work?

http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/linux/install_apache.htm

Thanks again,
sc

jfrenc14
Expert

Re: Installing Gallery 2.3

Postby jfrenc14 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:08 am

To create a new database follow this post.

sc4s2cg

Re: Installing Gallery 2.3

Postby sc4s2cg » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:06 pm

Thank you, between a little bit of searching and your codes, I was not only able to set up Gallery 2.3 but also piclens and some plugins to batch upload files.

The password hint especially helped, I couldn't figure out whether the password was the same as my root pass or NO or YES or what.
sc