Storage setup in the next version of amahi

marcuskj

Storage setup in the next version of amahi

Postby marcuskj » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:21 am

First I'd really like to commend the Amahi team for the amazingly easy install and general user experience with the software. It's such a clean and easy interface and setup! I was just wondering about two things:
1. Will the next version (be it fedora or ubuntu) feature a wizard or the like in regards to storage and adding hard drives? As it stands now I feel this is a gaping hole in comparison to the ultra smooth setup and streamlining of just about everything else :) I saw there was a feature request in the bug-tracker which looked perfect, but it did't appear to have seen developement for quite a long time.
2. Is there a scheduled release date (tentative or otherwise) for the next fedora and/or ubuntu Amahi release?

I'm excited to see where this is going!

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Storage setup in the next version of amahi

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:44 am

Hello,

Thanks for the kind words.

The drive wizard is on the future features list. It is quite a complicated thing to develop, so do not expect it in the next release. It is something that will take quite some time to sort out. We need help from the community to get this one done. There is not sufficient resources at the moment for us to work it and that is why there's been no activity.

The next Amahi release will be Fedora 16 and not Ubuntu. That part it currently being worked, but do not anticipate it to be stable for a while as there is only one developer working it. The primary focus right now is getting Fedora 16 working with Amahi and stable for release. As for when that will be, I anticipate sometime before the end of the year.

We are doing the best we can with our limited resources. Hope you can understand, we are all volunteers and can only work this project in our spare time around family and work commitments.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

muppets4

Re: Storage setup in the next version of amahi

Postby muppets4 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:31 pm

I tried Amahi too and really liked the overall experience. Then I needed to add disks, and that's when I decided to return to WHS. When a wizard will be introduced I 'll be back. It's a pity I cannot contribute to Amahi. But if you ever need advice on Dutch labourlaw.....:-)

[ Post made via iPad ] Image