help -- amahi hardware died. Cannot connect to network

snowguy

help -- amahi hardware died. Cannot connect to network

Postby snowguy » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:46 pm

Help! The hardware on my computer died. The main hard drive failed. It was an old computer so I'm guessing it wasn't any fault of the software but I'm left in a bit of a fix. I have a linksys wireless router and as part of installing the amahi hardware I had disabled whatever it is you are supposed to disable in order to get amahi running (dns and dhcp i think). I want to get the amahi server back up and running but in the meantime, how do I log into the router when I cannot connect to the network? Any suggestions?

My appologies if this has already been answered somewhere else. I tried but didn't find it through searching.

cpg
Administrator

Re: help -- amahi hardware died. Cannot connect to network

Postby cpg » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:38 pm

hi snowguy, two possibilities:
  • log into the router with it IP address: e.g. http://192.168.1.1 ... or whatever the address of your router is (if you forgot, it should be listed in your amahi control panel after "Network Gateway")
  • reset the router to factory settings (there is usually some place in the back to stick a pin and push it for 7 seconds)
-c
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

nemolomen

Re: help -- amahi hardware died. Cannot connect to network

Postby nemolomen » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:47 am

If your amahi server is down, you will have to assign your PC a a static IP, on the same subnet as the router, in order to access the router to change the DHCP setting. Remember to set the PC back from using a static IP address to using DHCP after turning on the DHCP serer in the router.

Or you could just reset the router to factory settings as cpg suggested.
nemolomen

My HDA (3rd): ECS A770M-A, Phenom X3 2.4 GHz, 2 GB DDR2 800MHz, / 40 GB, /home 80 GB, data 1TB, 500GB, 320GB