Need help going from Amahi/Crashplan back to Windows 7/ CP

billshoff

Need help going from Amahi/Crashplan back to Windows 7/ CP

Postby billshoff » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:58 pm

I installed Amahi about 8 months ago for the sole purpose of backing up 4 or 5 pcs using Crashplan. I've never understood linux but the installation was simple and I was able to make it work. One of those pcs is off-site and will no longer backup to my Server. It probably has something to do with ports (?). It used to work but stopped after a power failure.

When I open Dashboard I can't find Crashplan. When I connect a monitor and KB to my Server I can't find Crashplan. I can' t remember how I got the off-site pc to link to my Server to begin with; I basically don't understand linux. I think someone on this forum emailed me some text to type in to make it work.

So....I want to install a large backup HD into one of my desktops running Windows 7 and do away with the Amahi server. How do I transfer the Crashplan backups on the Server to the desktop running Win 7 and Crashplan? I believe there's a way to backup to other machines besides the Server but if I do that on a pc running Win 7 will the the windows machines be able to read the backups that were done on the Ahahi Server? Can a linux machine transfer files from a Windows machine to another Windows machine without problems? They don't use the same OS language. You see, this whole linux thing just baffles me.

I'm grateful for any help you can give me but, please, keep the directions simple. Thanks! ;)