DNS question

luvmnky2

DNS question

Postby luvmnky2 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:01 am

Got Amahi up and running yesterday, loving it so far. Just one question though, I thought I'd be redirected to my server if I type hda in the browser window? Instead I'm taken to Hispanic Dental Associates, and as fascinating as that is, not exactly what I was after. if I type the fqdn, hda.campbell.com I end up in the right place, but I'm lazy and want to save myself the extra typing. I'm no DNS expert, but I do have webmin running and I'm not a complete idiot from the command line, so a little help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

radioz

Re: DNS question

Postby radioz » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:51 am

Type in: 'http://hda'
That should work.

luvmnky2

Postby luvmnky2 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:32 pm

Interesting. That does work from a normal Mac/PC, but I was trying to do that from my Xoom tablet (which is using the server as its DNS) and it doesn't work, as I described above. Not a Showstopper, but interesting.

radioz

Postby radioz » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:04 pm

Yeah, it also doesn't work from the browser on my Droid X.

I think it is a browser issue in Android. It seems like it does a Google search on what you enter rather than trying it as a web address.

You might try installing a different web browser and see if that helps. I assume there are alternatives for the Xoom as well.
I haven't gone that far yet on my phone.

luvmnky2

Postby luvmnky2 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:44 pm

Yeah I did try different browsers, same thing. Must be an android thing.