Some beginer questions (-:

ashi

Some beginer questions (-:

Postby ashi » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:18 am

Hi all:

1.Is the VPN connection Encrypted?

2.When starting the VNC server, it prompt "couldn't find "xauth" on your PATH", please advise.

3.Is there any simply way (already read the Wiki) to attach new Hard disk (USB) the the Amahi plug?

4.Email : I'd tried and documented way (gmail, sendmail ext) to allow emailing from Amahi, but faild. For example, after setting "Webmail" using the Wiki, i can't call the Amahi via it's address or name.

5.What is the simple way to backup Amahi.

6.Please explain me the benefits of the build in calender, If it depend on external clients? Don't the Webcalader better than the build in one?

Thank you for your time and the perfect system,
Ashi.

mal

Re: Some beginer questions (-:

Postby mal » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:03 am

Those are "beginner" questions? I dread when you get advanced !! :)

moredruid
Expert

Re: Some beginer questions (-:

Postby moredruid » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:56 am

1.Is the VPN connection Encrypted?
yes

2.When starting the VNC server, it prompt "couldn't find "xauth" on your PATH", please advise.
it means that the X authorising mechanism isn't in the search path of your profile. You should look on the VNC IRC/forums for more info

3.Is there any simply way (already read the Wiki) to attach new Hard disk (USB) the the Amahi plug?
not sure what you mean, but there's a script that adds disks for you in the Wiki.

4.Email : I'd tried and documented way (gmail, sendmail ext) to allow emailing from Amahi, but faild. For example, after setting "Webmail" using the Wiki, i can't call the Amahi via it's address or name.
dunno, don't use it :-)

5.What is the simple way to backup Amahi.
there is no simple way, it all depends on what you want to back up (configuration, db, files, complete image, any combination of those)

6.Please explain me the benefits of the build in calender, If it depend on external clients? Don't the Webcalader better than the build in one? It's on your own system, therefore privacy is pretty much guaranteed. Can't say that for Google calendar, this might be datamined.
echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D2173656C7572206968616D41snlbxq' | dc
Galileo - HP Proliant ML110 G6 quad core Xeon 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 2x750GB RAID1 + 2x1TB RAID1 HDD