Remote Desktop and Virtual OS

thomasps

Remote Desktop and Virtual OS

Postby thomasps » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:51 pm

I am looking into having a virtual OS installed on my Amahi that will allow an external user to connect to the virtual OS through VPN.
For example, I would like to install Win 7 virtualized (in something like VirtualBox) on my Amahi and then be able to connect to the Win 7 virtual machine ideally via Windows RDC but VNC is ok too.
As far as I know, VirtualBox does not really allow this (someone had written a script for the Win version of VirtualBox, but it was a 'dirty' solution and unstable).
Any ideas?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Remote Desktop and Virtual OS

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:41 pm

Honestly I have no idea. Have you googled for a potential solution? Keeping in mind a solution without Amahi will most likely work as well as one with.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

lou1z

Re: Remote Desktop and Virtual OS

Postby lou1z » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:31 am

i use esxi. i have various flavours of nix and windows and can rdp, ssh into all of them from vpn's, https etc.
rather than run virtual on amahi, run amahi on virtual. never had an issue with it from day one and it's easy to move virtual drives between machines etc.