Wireless Driver

Blueracer

Wireless Driver

Postby Blueracer » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:18 pm

I am totally new to Fedora 9 and Amahi. I have installed both on a older computer I had laying
around. They both appear to be working fine. To install the programs I had the computer hooked up to a wired NIC. I would like use my Linksys (wusb54G v1) wireless adapter. However that adapter doesn't show up in the list of adapters when I try and install it through the network setup.
I have the original windows disk with the driver on it. Is there a way to install it and get it working.
Any help would be appreciated.

Blueracer

Re: Wireless Driver

Postby Blueracer » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:46 am

Anybody?
Is there anywhere I can download ndiswrapper or ndisgtk that is compatible with Fedora 9?

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:00 pm

hi, if you plan to use amahi as a dhcp/dns server, keeping it linked via wifi to the rest of your network could be unreliable, as the clients will stop working if your HDA loses wireless connectivity. also, playing movies or music in real time or transferring large files could be interesting. but you probably know that :)

looks like you are not the only one with issues and fedora is not the only distro with issues with it.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

relrobber

Postby relrobber » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:14 pm

linux is notorious for flaky wi-fi support. so much so that one of the big boasts of Ubuntu 8.04 was greatly increased wi-fi adapter detection and support. good luck w/ your set up, and be sure to update the forums on what does/doesn't work for you.

also, there was an interesting discussion on Tekzilla awhile back on wired vs. wireless for home media application.
Home HDA: Sony VAIO PCV-RX560, 1.7GHz P4, 320MB RAM

Managed HDA: 512MB RAM