Some basic questions:

ashi

Some basic questions:

Postby ashi » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:26 am

1.What are the relationship between the my Amahi server and the Amahi site after the first installation? in other word dose my server depend on the web Amahi server ?

2.Can i setup Amahi as a personal mail server?

3.Today i can access my computer from the web using dynamic DNS. Could i access the Amahi server from the internet? Dose this connection will depend on passing the VPN ?

4.Can i configure my Symbian s60 device to connect the Amahi VPN ?

5.Can i set a PPTP vpn server on the Amahi server?

6.Can Amahi monitor my network clients trafic?

7.Do i need Linux dvd for installtion on Shevaplug ?

Thanks in advance,

Ashi.
Last edited by ashi on Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

rgmhtt

Re: Some basic questions:

Postby rgmhtt » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:48 am

2.Can i setup Amahi as a personal mail server?
Take a look at: http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Amahi_Mail_System

If you have a public domain name, point an MX record at ashi.yourhda.com (or whatever you named your system). I have to add this little tidbit to the wiki...
3.Today i can access my computer from the web using dynamic DNS. Could i access the Amahi server from the internet? Dose this connection will depend on passing the VPN ?
This is an all depends question. Does your AMahi server have a public iP or can you map it through your NAT box? Then you need a public URL that matches what you call the system internally. Then you have to realize that you might have opened your system up to serious attack. Amahi has a single mySQL password, and if you have things like phpmyadmin installed you can be toast rather quickly if you have not added extra protection on your server.
5.Can i set a PPTP vpn server on the Amahi server?
How good are you at configuring the PPTP Linux server? I for one dislike PPTP, but then I co-chaired IPsec long ago.