applications dosen't work (and fans problem...)

luladude

applications dosen't work (and fans problem...)

Postby luladude » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:51 pm

hello all. complete noob here

1st BBIG thanks to everybody who make amahi possible.

this post title is the same as a FAQ, basically because a can not solve it:
1. Have hda's DHCP server OFF and DNS server ON. I can not disable my routers DHCP ... its OS is modified by ISP.
2. somehere during testing I went to a amahi network solving interactive program and got stucked in step 11 (altought I can ping my router IP):
Using the Network Troubleshooter, I failed step 11 - Router is reachable from clients?. Here's a paste to help troubleshoot: http://amahi.pastebin.com/eLWvh6kR
3. of course when i try to go to an application the site home.com shows up !!!!

any ideas?
please be gentle as this is my first time with linux

thanks in advance...

I spen so many hours trying to solve it and to find an anwser...

by the way, why oh why the cpu and sys fans are blowing max speed?????? cannot install lm-sensors...
The MB is a zotac 6100 itx, and in bios I have enable amd cool an quite...

LL

luladude

Re: applications dosen't work (and fans problem...)

Postby luladude » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:34 am

well, still have no sucess accessing app...

im my client box (win7) I messed around with nic properties pointing de DNS server at hda. no sucees.

at some point, running once again the network trobleshooter I get stuck at step 4.... it seems to me that both hda dns and dhcp servers get turn on or off without my knoledge (at networking tab showed up one pc beeing name.home.com)

on another time, I can't even get to dashboard: instead a "dynDNS" google page shows up...

by the way, on my router (supplied / configured by ISP), in the DNS setup page, it only allows me to configure those "commercial" dns providers: i can not define the hda as the dns server.

I've the impression I am getting away of running my hda...
what do you suggest? a new instalation?

once again thanks in advance,
LL