Changing home domain

cavingman

Changing home domain

Postby cavingman » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:13 pm

so im dumb, and i set the home domain as the same name as my online web server hosted elsewhere. now anything inside the network cant reach the online domain. is there a way to easily change the home domain to something else or set up a re-direct or something?

thanks!

cpg
Administrator

Re: Changing home domain

Postby cpg » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:49 pm

there is a solution for this:

http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Punching_DNS_Holes

now - in the existing release it's not as smooth as it should be to create alias.
you can try the new (alpha) pre-release. let me know and i will send the details via PM.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

cavingman

Postby cavingman » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:07 pm

there is a solution for this:

http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Punching_DNS_Holes

now - in the existing release it's not as smooth as it should be to create alias.
you can try the new (alpha) pre-release. let me know and i will send the details via PM.
that worked perfectly! other than finding the ip of the url, which i cant just simply ping to find out :) i ended up quickly finding a web app that reports ip addresses of website and using that.

i wouldnt mind trying out an alpha. does it install over a pre-installed copy? or would i be re-installing?

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:31 pm

yes, it should work over the existing release with one exception: any webapps in the webapp tab need to be deleted prior to upgrade.

though, if it worked, your're good to go for now.

unless you enjoy the bleeding edge :D
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1