Service Watchdog

iamgeniusrnti

Service Watchdog

Postby iamgeniusrnti » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:40 pm

Hi,

Last night my postfix crashed and I had no idea until I was at work a few hours later and noticed my droid hadn't seen any emails. So I used my Connectbot app, ssh'd in and restarted the postfix and all is well.

My question is does Amahi or Fedora have a watchdog of some sort that I could install that could have caught my postfix (or other services) and either restart automatically OR atleast alert me my server is down?

frankincell

Re: Service Watchdog

Postby frankincell » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:16 pm

Hi,

Last night my postfix crashed and I had no idea until I was at work a few hours later and noticed my droid hadn't seen any emails. So I used my Connectbot app, ssh'd in and restarted the postfix and all is well.

My question is does Amahi or Fedora have a watchdog of some sort that I could install that could have caught my postfix (or other services) and either restart automatically OR atleast alert me my server is down?

In Amahi 5.6, Under Settings, Servers, Properties, I see watchdog for other services such as MySQL, so I think you can probably setup your postfix to be watched as well.
--Frankincell

iamgeniusrnti

Postby iamgeniusrnti » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:20 am

Hi,

In Amahi 5.6, Under Settings, Servers, Properties, I see watchdog for other services such as MySQL, so I think you can probably setup your postfix to be watched as well.
--Frankincell
You know what, I totally forgot about that area! I will look tonight!

radioz

Postby radioz » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:53 am

I was just looking at my 5.6 dashboard, and I don't see a 'Properties' under 'Settings/Servers'. Am I mis-understanding you?

gjc1000
Pro User
Pro User

Postby gjc1000 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:11 pm

I think it goes like this:
Settings, Servers, click on the server you want and you will see "settings" with watchdog

That will turn on/off watchdog. How to get the postfix server to show up under "Server" is another question for someone better than me. :)
gjc1000
Chi pecora si fa, il lupo se la mangia.

radioz

Postby radioz » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:17 pm

Ah, thanks a lot! That helped.