updating applications after install via amahi control panel

mapache

updating applications after install via amahi control panel

Postby mapache » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:01 pm

Good evening,
i've installed a few apps using the hda control panel. The apps seem to be working fine, but some of them indicate that updates are available. Being new to the Fedora and Amahi, how do I go about updating some of these apps? Will updating cause problems to the personal data files, photos, songs, etc which I have moved over the the Amahi box?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: updating applications after install via amahi control pa

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:24 pm

Most of the apps get updated by the team. Please let us know which ones indicate updates are available. Some apps allow auto update and do not cause issues with data files. Some have to be done manually.

We do our best to keep apps updated. There may be a few that we miss though or are in testing before released. Hope that answers your question.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

mapache

Postby mapache » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:18 pm

Well, I've been messing around with the Amahi server and finally got the apps-proxy feature to work. Now my family members can get to the various web apps. When configuring the family connections application, it indicated an update is available to move it to version 2.1.3. How do I go about updating this particular app? It doesnt seem to update to this version via the control panel automatically.. unless I'm not doing something correctlys.. assistance please... Thanks!

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:32 pm

Hello,

This application is already the most current at 2.2.3. If you have an old version, recommend you uninstall and reinstall.

We have a backup feature employed that will backup your old data and install it with the new version. You may need to manually run a script to complete the update though.

Hope this helps.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

TheFly

Postby TheFly » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:36 am

Hello,

The squeezebox server also mentions an update (7.5.1)

Regards