CLOSED: Error msg: There are no applications available at this time.

infinitus

CLOSED: Error msg: There are no applications available at this time.

Postby infinitus » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:19 pm

Hello,

Firstly, thank you for making such a terrific program. I am really looking forward to learning more about Amahi and unlocking its full potential! I am having an issue with applications, and I could not find more details on it despite my best search efforts. It may be related to my unconventional installation, so first I would like to share a little bit about my set up experience:

I installed Fedora 12 from a DVD, and when I attempted to add f12.amahi.org as a repository, I received an error about corruption.
In order to proceed, I re-ran Fedora 12 setup and skipped this step.
I downloaded the Amahi RPM manually and followed the manual setup steps that I found on the forums.
Once it came time to enter my install code, everything seemed to go fine. I rebooted, but I noticed a typo in my IP address.
I removed my profile from Amahi.org and recreated a new installation code. I also deleted a certain file in /etc/sysconfig so that my computer would let me reinstall Amahi.

With all of this behind me, things seem to be working. I am using Amahi for DHCP (I disabled it on my router) and DNS. My other network computers can surf the web just fine, and can access the HDA. However, when I click on the Applications tab (or is it just called "Apps"?) I get the following error message:

There are no applications available at this time.

Could it be my round-about installation procedure that broke something? Is this easily fixable?

Thank you,
Sean

infinitus

Re: Error msg: There are no applications available at this time.

Postby infinitus » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:49 pm

I should also mention that the HDA appears to have Internet connectivity. I can surf the web just fine.

devinp

Postby devinp » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:23 pm

Hello,

Sorry I'm just jumping in on this one, I have the same problem. I installed, changed the ip/subnet after original install, to be different than a location I use to vpn in from, and now I can't browse to install new apps from the webpage. I created a new profile with install key and reinstalled the HDA. I have the same error as the original post "There are no applications available at this time"

Thanks alot

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:01 pm

hmmm.

this seems to be specific to some settings changes with the amahi profile. this needs some debugging.

can you get in touch though the irc channel (http://talk.amahi.org) and look for cpg?

thanks!
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

infinitus

Postby infinitus » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:04 pm

Thank you for the expert help, cpg. Your patch worked for me.

I saw there is a new version of Amahi available! Should I wait before upgrading, or will I be oky?

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:07 pm

with your patch you are not only up to date, you are one step ahead of everyone else! :D
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

mclovin50

Postby mclovin50 » Sat May 29, 2010 5:53 pm

Can I also receive the patch as I am receiving the same error after changing the IP address of Amahi server. I can also browse out from the server to any website.

mberrio

Re: Error msg: There are no applications available at this t

Postby mberrio » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:50 am

Hi guys i m in the same situation and the same error. Can anybody get in touch with me please? Thanks!!

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:41 am

Hi, are you running on Fedora 12 or Fedora 13?

We do not have qualified any apps and we have not released Amahi for Fedora 13 yet. That may be the most likely cause of not seeing any apps.

Amahi is a relatively small team and we wait until the dust settles on a new release of Fedora before we attempt the port.

mclovin50

Postby mclovin50 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:20 pm

Hi, are you running on Fedora 12 or Fedora 13?

We do not have qualified any apps and we have not released Amahi for Fedora 13 yet. That may be the most likely cause of not seeing any apps.

Amahi is a relatively small team and we wait until the dust settles on a new release of Fedora before we attempt the port.

I am running Fedora 12.