Coherence UPNP!

necrosis

Coherence UPNP!

Postby necrosis » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:42 pm

http://coherence.beebits.net/wiki/WikiStart#Download

Coherence offers a toolkit including:

* a DLNA/UPnP MediaServer stand-alone application, which exports local/home or on-line media files via its backends to other UPnP clients.
* an audio/video DLNA/UPnP Media renderer stand-alone application, based on the GStreamer framework (early stages).
* Cadre: an image DLNA/UPnP Media renderer stand-alone application, to be used as a picture frame.
* Mirabeau: a standalone UPnP bridge application, to share your UPnP content between two or more local networks over the Internet (work in progress).
* The Inspector: a UPnP Device and Service analyzer/debugger tool, which can also be used as a UPnP control-point.
* Plugins or extensions for other applications to open them to the UPnP world, thanks to the framework (either as media servers, control points or renderers). This includes Totem, Nautilus, Eye Of Gnome, Rythmbox, Banshee, Elisa, amarok...

Looking at the available Amahi APP, Coherence would really boost Amahi's Sex appeal!

cpg
Administrator

Re: Coherence UPNP!

Postby cpg » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:43 am

it looks pretty good!
and it's available in fedora 12 already: python-Coherence

however, it looks hard to set up. the documentation is a bit all over the place.

if you know how to install it, please do it once and jot it down in the wiki and we can then help package it for one-click install!
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

necrosis

Postby necrosis » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:28 pm

I tried linking it to ampache (tried for two days), but as you already noticed the documentation is hard to plow through. I tried linking it to XBMC, UPNP Onkyo 095 receiver and WMP11, but failed miserably. I am no linux guru so the proces is a reaal pain in the *^$&.

If an admin from the Amahi project would contact the coherence guys i think the would be really enthusiastic to help out on making this work, and probably have this done in a heartbeat. More apps would benefit, like Gallery, external UPNP players and possible other future apps can be taken into account and make these a one click UPNP install!! Now that would make UPNP really plug and play. uShare is no longer actively supported by the author :(

Developers and users usually hang around on IRC: irc://irc.freenode.net/#coherence or irc://irc.freenode.net/#moovida
Frank Scholz, the lead developer of Coherence, can be reached at dev at coherence dash project dot org.

I am a very willing alpha/beta tester.

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:38 am

how about amahi dlna?

we just added you to the amahi dlna app, so you can try installing it ...

let us know how it goes!
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1