JDownloader Integration

jinxytj

JDownloader Integration

Postby jinxytj » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:43 pm

I dont use torrents as I find them too slow and inconsistent, so instead use Rapidshare. I am sure many others use megadowloader etc, and a solution to this I think could be JDownloader.

It already has a web interface available inside, and supports all types of downloads and download packages (.DLC for example).

I have just added this to my system and will have to say it is working like a charm :)

cpg
Administrator

Re: JDownloader Integration

Postby cpg » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:12 am

here is the home page for jDdownloader

it feels weird, the site seemed to come in spanish and it has weird download locations, etc.

i guess being a downloader, it has to have weird download locations? :)

package it!
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

Icey

Postby Icey » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:32 am

It would be great to have this into amahi...
No more waiting at the non free http servers since it supports captcha recognition and support for premium memberships :)

I have it running on my hda but cant find a way to manually configure it... at installation i have to connect via vnc to adjust the options add the premium accounts etc.. (im looking for a manual way to do this so it can be implemented)
then i just run the http server and can input my http links and dlc files and start/stop my downloads

if u have all the settings set u can even run in on a headless server init:3 ( without X )

with this little script

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh # Path to JD jar JDfolder=/home/icey/.jd Xvfb :100 -ac >/dev/null 2>&1 & export DISPLAY=:100.0 cd $JDfolder java -Xmx512m -jar JDownloader.jar &
here is the home page for jDdownloader

it feels weird, the site seemed to come in spanish and it has weird download locations, etc.

i guess being a downloader, it has to have weird download locations? :)

package it!
Site is in plain English for me :)

If u use http to download i think this is the best open alternative.. ive even deleted internet download manager on my windows pc's
atom 330 MSI IM-945GC IDE 160GB SATA2 1500GB+1500GB+1000GB+500GB hot-swap

vallejoboy

Postby vallejoboy » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:49 am

Hi! I'm new to amahi and Linux in general and I would like to get this for my hda. I believe this program hasn't been package yet so I can't just click and install. One must go through manual installation to get it to work so can someone please guide me on how to do this. Thanks for any help. I'm mainly interested in being able to download from rapidshare servers.

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:01 pm

Hi, I believe someone (dizzy1?) is packaging it. You can PM him here in the forums or come by the community channel (#amahi in freenode), since he hangs out in the forums often.

He had it install once by hand too, I believe.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

moncapitaine

Postby moncapitaine » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:45 am

hi,

to install manually you have to be logged in via vnc, because you need the graphical environment.
Visit jdownloader.org and go to the downloads linux section. You will find an invitation to use a new method for mac and linux.
These instructions worked very well for me. Download the script, make it executable and launch it. You can store it on your desktop and use i to start jdownloader later, to.
Then, activate the webinterface plugin in jDownloader. You can access it via your_server_ip:8765 (e.g. 192.168.1.123:8765) meaning port 8765.

Working just fine for me now, unfortunately I do not have the time to try and package it for Amahi.
Celeron G530, 8GB RAM, Intel SDD 80GB system, 8TB Storage. Fileserver and Mediaserver.

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:06 am

Thanks to dizzy1 we have our first version of jdownloader in alpha running!

http://www.amahi.org/apps/jdownloader
(screenshot at http://bit.ly/cs12aM)

We can test one person at at time. Please come by the community channel and ask the testmasters (bigfoot, rampage or cpg) or dizzy1 to add you to the app as contributor to test it out.

evylrat

Postby evylrat » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:39 pm

I look forward to this coming out of alpha/beta. I'm a long term user of JDownloader, and would like to move it to my headless server, rather than my regular desktop. The desktop program shows Captcha codes, if the download plugin uses them, so this needs to be viewable if possible.

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:39 pm

I don't know the status of jdownloader, but it's clearly something that we should move along. I vaguely remember the person packaging it was somewhat inexperienced.

I added you as a collaborator for this app. See if it works for you (keep in mind it could potentially interfere with your own install?).

please report back as to how it goes.

evylrat

Postby evylrat » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:53 am

Thank you very much. Can't wait to give this a go.