Suggestions for Amahi 9?

cpg
Administrator

Re: Suggestions for Amahi 9?

Postby cpg » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:45 pm

@wizards, I am not sure what you mean by "to name" .. because there can be various meanings for that. Can you clarify?

It could be DNS -- how you can "name it" in the browser -- you can create an alias under Setup > Network > Aliases to call it anything you want, say, "yomama" ... and you will be able to access it as

Code: Select all

http://yomama/
The host name for your system can be anything you want. Mine is called "rome". This does not generally affect DNS. It's just the "name" of the host (some apps use this, e.g. Amahi Time Machine to show the "device" name; it's also visible when one uses ssh, but that's about it).

It could be what you use in SAMBA .. e.g.

Code: Select all

\\hda\<share>
This is controlled by entries in /etc/samba/lmhosts. At the moment only \\hda and \\files is supported. This file is automatically generated and we do not currently support adding names dynamically. it's a relatively non-trivial feature request, but maybe we can implement it (quickly if enough people like it). a bug in the tracker for this (under platform) would be best, if this is what you meant.

Or many you meant something else?

Thanks for clarifying.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

wizards

Postby wizards » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:41 am

Thanks for the quick replies. It was the samba name I was thinking of. The same question was asked in this old post:

viewtopic.php?t=221

Thanks for your help.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:40 pm

Please submit a feature request in the bug tracker.

Once logged in, select Projects and then choose the Amahi 9 link under Platform.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2