Easy2Boot on the amahi server

rhglass

Easy2Boot on the amahi server

Postby rhglass » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:51 pm

Hi
is there anyway of having a app for easy2boot on the server as a pxe boot and then having a share for the ISO, I use this all the time on a USB key but if this could be done it would be great to have as network boot, the user could us any iso to boot up to and have so much more options to boot with

http://www.easy2boot.com/

I know it not going to be easy to do but if you could get it to work then you only need one pxe boot app

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Easy2Boot on the amahi server

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:56 pm

Nice suggestion, but unfortunately this is not possible. Research on the internet indicates that Easy2Boot cannot be used via a PXE server. The software requires a particular boot partition and needs local storage for files which cannot stream across the network.

It was designed as a USB solution only and there appears to be no planned changes for network boot capability. Using Amahi Netboot and NFS applications on the HDA will allow for adding ISOs. However, there will always be a need to update the PXE boot menu manually. There is no web enabled UI for that piece. It's something that would need to be created by a developer.

If there is someone in the community who would like to offer their services for development, we might be able to make it work. It's not on the list for Amahi, and honestly there is not enough community interest in my opinion.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2