couple apps I'd like to see

jbinner

couple apps I'd like to see

Postby jbinner » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:20 am

Couple items I'd like to see:

--I know Tivo usually likes "Desktop" from Windows, but could it be possible to do a tivo app from Amahi?

--Hulu or Boxee or both, to be able to STREAM to a tivo. :)

Reason i say tivo here is because I don't really have another input available for video, but 10MB over a LAN should be plenty fast enough to stream to the tivo, I'd hope. :)

John

cpg
Administrator

Re: couple apps I'd like to see

Postby cpg » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:28 am

sounds good. maybe you can do some research and find possible candidates?

only requirements are that they work on linux.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

jbinner

Postby jbinner » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:09 am

I was actually able to get pyTivo work with my Fedora 10 setup. It streams to Tivo for music, photos, and videos. I have to verify it works with my videos as I was still transferring files to the server so I am not sure this works yet. But tested with music and photos and works great.

Prerequisite is ffmpeg package needs to be installed, and adding of the pytivo repository. if you want more info i can try to document my setup steps and post here.

John

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:21 am

wow. awesome!

this would use the "servers" feature we added some time ago, though it's not done.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

kdpickett

Postby kdpickett » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:57 pm

For what it's worth, I have Galleon up and running on my HDA. I did a full F12 and Amahi install for the first time this past weekend without any hitch (which was awesome :!: ). I have 2 Series-2 and a TivoHD that I wanted to share pics and movies to. I was going to dive into the Tivo HME code, but just don't have the time right now. So, I thought I would give Galleon a try.
You can find the code here if you are playing along at home: http://galleon.sourceforge.net/index.ph ... &Itemid=57

It installed without any problems. I had already uploaded my music to the /var/hda/files/Music and my pics to the /var/hda/files/Pictures directories respectively. The Galleon GUI is not the most robust App you will ever see, but it does the job adequately. I was able to configure some of the Galleon apps without any problems while I had a few problems with others. In any case, it does the job for me and we can view our pics and play our music.
Galleon is more or less a dead project. It's written in Java. It has some instructions for writing your own app within Galleon. I think it would be a great addition to Amahi. I don't know what the new Tivo Premiere will have in terms of an HME API. I know the DVR itself is Flash-based, but the older Tivos will be around for a while. So, a Java developer might be able to make it Amahi friendly. (I'm a novice at coding Java, just getting started with it).

Anyway, I hope that helps someone out.

Thanks,
Keith
Keith Pickett