features

marcel

features

Postby marcel » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:01 pm

As a former Windows Home Server I was searching for more professional server software. Windows Home Server is to simple. I've tested Clarkconnect, considered Ebox and SME server. Great distro's but not for the home user.I think Amahi has great potential but it has a still a long way to go... I like the web-apps a good feature. Also Amahi has a nice communty whith nice people. If you need help you get it. I hope Amahi get some nice features. Like a:

E-mail server
Router functionality
Antispam
Antivirus
Server Backup
Database Backup
Backup online
PBX
backend mythtv

and some more nice Web-apps

I am convinced of Amahi.I would like to know how amahi looks about five years. Amahi rocks!

(Fore sale: Windows Home Server license)
My HDA cpu: E1400 2Ghz; motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2H; memory: Team 2Gb DDR2; 200GB OS HDD, 2x western digital GP 1TB storage HDDs; case: Antec P182

mciv

Re: features

Postby mciv » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:44 pm

Many of the suggestions you made are being worked on.

For example, there is a app in testing, PHPMybackup, that does database backups very easily. Not sure when it will be out of testing but you could always install it directly or even join up as a beta tester

marcel

Postby marcel » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:25 am

Don't get me wrong it all meant positive. ;) and I wish I was a developer to help you guys with the development of Amahi. I want to help (support) Amahi. I was trying to great web-apps but at the moment I'am stuck with that. My time is at the moment a little bit limited. Just moved to a other place. If I can support you guys as beta tester I offer my help. I like it to play with Amahi in my free time! And the web-apps I'll try again.
My HDA cpu: E1400 2Ghz; motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2H; memory: Team 2Gb DDR2; 200GB OS HDD, 2x western digital GP 1TB storage HDDs; case: Antec P182

Lincee

Postby Lincee » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:12 am

Marcel, Hello again ;)

You ARE helping by providing constructive comments,
what is missing? what goes wrong? what is great?
Those are things Amahi developpers can learn from.
Those are things they take kindley in consideration, and i think they welcome your input verry much.

Regards,
LANTEA: Amahi 7 (vm), HP Proliant Microserver, 8GB RAM, 2x 1TB HDD, 1GB eth