Auto Tracking

mciv

Auto Tracking

Postby mciv » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:58 pm

I've been searching for an app to track automobile expenses and more importantly what repairs, etc have been done and when. A file folder of receipts just doesn't cut it. Short story is I came across a promising app, http://autotracker.sourceforge.net/ , but have had no luck getting it working and development seems to have stopped so I thought I would just toss it out here in case anyone with coding ability has a similar need and is willing to look at it.

bsk

Re: Auto Tracking

Postby bsk » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:11 am

Well, there is no documentation. So that makes it a little harder as to it actually installs.

Have you tried emailing the guy for documentation? If not try that and it might help you get it going and installed.

I would happily take this if you cannot get ahold of him and see what I can do with it, documenting the install along the way.
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:21 pm

here is a quick and dirty version that has a few changes to make it easier to work on mysql.

one call does not work for reason, but maybe you can figure it out:

http://f10.amahi.org/extras/Autotracker ... sql.tar.gz
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

mciv

Postby mciv » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:54 am

Thanks CPG. The database can be built easily now. Unfortunately all I get on the index page is the title and an empty drop down box and fixing it appears to be over my head. The error log does show
PHP Fatal error: Cannot use object object of type SqlQuery as array in .../forms.php on line 143
Line 142-143 reads:

Code: Select all

while ($data = $db->getVehicles()) echo "<option value='$data[vid]'";
Anyone have any suggestions?