rcrh

Re: Plex Media Server

Postby rcrh » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:06 am

Thanks. I'll keep waiting & watching.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:13 am

Great! Appreciate your patience and understanding. We would love to push things out quicker, but unfortunately sometimes the development/testing of apps does not allow.

With the upcoming Amahi for Fedora 16 release pending, it is likely additional testing/development may be needed for some apps. With any luck, this one won't be one of them.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

ziggimon

Postby ziggimon » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:53 pm

Plex for Amahi is progressing. Still in alpha/beta stage and is following the plex release versions. Currently 0.9.6.0.11 (beta).

inquam is smoothing out issues on the installation parts.

/Mark

acacia

Postby acacia » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:16 am

Hi,

If you need any help with testing, please let me know. Unfortunately I cannot help with any coding, but will be more that happy to do some testing.

doczombie

Postby doczombie » Fri May 25, 2012 3:10 am

Hi Guys,

Not really directly related to the app, but I just wanted to check in and share my experiences for anyone that might be trying to install this (i found the linux documentation to be pretty scarce).

I didn't install via amahi, I just used the instructions on this page; http://www.plexapp.com/linux/linux-pms-download.php

Using the instructions in the readme, I added exceptions in the firewall for the appropriate ports (readme is located here post-installation - /usr/share/doc/plexmediaserver/README.Redhat

After a restart (following initial derping around and occasional crying into pillow ['WHY WONT IT WORK AND WHY DOESNT MY MOTHER LOVE ME!?'], I could successfully navigate to the http://INSERTSERVERADDRESSHERE:32400/manage/ page by IP address and server name.

I setup plex to monitor the landing zone directory (i.e - the location listed under Shares->Location for your greyhole shares) without issue (so far), rather than my local SMB mounts of the greyhole shares (that didn't work for some reason. Sneaking suspicion its permission related).

Currently streaming all fine and dandy to the client on my macbook and my xbox360 via DLNA (with cover art, which is sorta kinda nice).

Will post updates here if I encounter hairy problems.

Cheers.
"Well, if its my delusion, who the hell invited you?" - Total Recall

doczombie

Postby doczombie » Fri May 25, 2012 11:01 pm

I setup plex to monitor the landing zone directory (i.e - the location listed under Shares->Location for your greyhole shares) without issue (so far), rather than my local SMB mounts of the greyhole shares (that didn't work for some reason. Sneaking suspicion its permission related).
Sober, I realised this was a terrible idea, and set it up properly (was getting some files not being found/duplicate entries monitoring landing zone directly).

Have been using this script: http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Mount_Shares_Locally for to do local mounting of samba shares for some time. Realised that the shares were being mounted by my personal user, so the 'plexuser' wouldn't have access.

Changed line 28 to the following, restarted the script and could then read the shares from plex media manager:

Code: Select all

sbin/mount.cifs "//127.0.0.1/$d" "$d" -o credentials=/home/${username}/.smb_credentials,uid=${uid},gid=${gid},file_mode=0666,dir_mode=0777,nobrl,hard,_netdev,iocharset=utf8,noserverino,mfsymlinks
Note: The changes where in this bit: file_mode=0666,dir_mode=0777. If you, for some reason, have super secure files in your SMB directories, this is a terrible idea - it allows any users with access to the /mnt directory of your HDA to read these files.
"Well, if its my delusion, who the hell invited you?" - Total Recall

nagybal

Postby nagybal » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:31 pm

Dear All, I get

503 Service Temporarily Unavailable
:cry:

Just installed PMS via the once click.

System: 2.6.35.6-45.fc14.i686 , i386
Platform: 6.1.0-1
Core: 4.1.5-1
Uptime: 22:18:27 up 1:03, 1 user, load average: 0.37, 0.69, 0.71

[root@csuda init.d]# ls abrtd bttrack dhcrelay ip6tables multipathd ntpd rpcgssd smolt acpid cgconfig dnsmasq iptables mysqld ntpdate rpcidmapd snmpd ajaxterm cgred firstboot irda named openvpn rpcsvcgssd snmptrapd amahi-installer cpuspeed functions irqbalance netconsole pcscd rsyslog sshd amahi-transmission crond greyhole killall netfs portreserve sandbox sssd atd cups haldaemon lvm2-monitor network psacct saslauthd transmission-daemon auditd dc_client halt mdmonitor NetworkManager rdisc sendmail udev-post avahi-daemon dc_server hdactl messagebus nfs reboot single webmin bluetooth dhcpd hddtemp monit nfslock restorecond smartd wpa_supplicant btseed dhcpd6 httpd mt-daapd nmb rpcbind smb ypbind [root@csuda init.d]# service pms start pms: unrecognized service [root@csuda init.d]# service plex_media_server plex_media_server: unrecognized service
I have tried all the thing you suggest in this thread. Installed packages couple of missing packages via yum.
(however only the ones for the 64 bit builds were missing) :D

Any ideas?

nagybal

Postby nagybal » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:12 pm

I got assistance on IRC, but just for the record, there went something wrong during the installation:
http://fpaste.org/dFKH/

achmetinternet

Postby achmetinternet » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:23 am

I would also be up for testing!

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:20 am

Sorry to say this app is still unstable and not working. Not sure when the app contributor will be able to get it fixed.

I will try to take a look at it in the future to see if I can assist.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2