CLOSED: Plex Media Server

rcrh

Re: Plex Media Server

Postby rcrh » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:06 am

Can PMS be installed on my amahi server if I'm NOT using amahi for DNS? I hope I would be able to access it by using
http://ipaddressofHDA:32400/manage/
As a follow up, if this will work, how should I install PMS?

Thanks a bunch. I'm looking forward to using PMS to serve up my media.

rcrh

Postby rcrh » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:58 pm

Has there been any progress towards moving out of alpha? I would like to try PMS on my Amahi server but I'm not part of the tester program.

There were suggests back in September that a beta release was close. I hope it gets there soon.

Thanks for any update info.

irishxlink

Postby irishxlink » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:42 pm

Hey inquam. I was wondering how close you were to getting Plex Media Server out of Alpha.

I had installed it on my Amahi server via custom RPM built with alien. (http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/top ... edora-etc/) i created a custom web app with a simple php forwarder to go to the correct ":32400/manage/index.html" page to make it so i could access without remember the full text. With all this setup im still wondering about an actual Amahi release with a once click install. The reason im wondering about the one click coming out of alpha (rather then keeping what i have) is that using this method is something im not totally comfortable with. I would rather use the one click.

I am rather impressed by the windows client and ipad compatibility now. Que something, watch a little and it remembers what time you stopped it and picks back up on the ipad. With my duck taped rig of a plex server setup im already a convert.

Thanks a lot for the hard work at helping all of the Amahi community out.

garfield30

Postby garfield30 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:59 am

Hi

Just wondering if any progress has been made in releasing this to beta? I am desperate to try this. I have an apple TV and really want to try this. If it is not going to beta yet any chance of getting access to the alpha?

Thanks

[ Post made via Android ] Image

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:07 am

Not that I am aware. I think its still being polished and refined. I am sure once it does get to BETA, there will be some noise in Facebook and and on Twitter.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

inquam

Postby inquam » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:05 pm

Sorry for the silence on my part. Have had a bit of medical problems in our close family and things of that nature. Plex Meda Server is being updated as we speak to the latest version and after that it should be ready to go. To make up for the absence on my part, Syncrify and TvHeadend are also coming shortly. I have a few other applications I'm thinking about putting out there to and also one or two apps for packagers to help them when packaging apps.

As of the question asked last century... Yes, you can access the Plex Media Server via the ip and port. I do this in several applications that communicate with Plex to update the library etc.
My HDA: Q6400, 8GB ram, 2x1TB disk in raid 1 for system drive, 6x2TB drives for storage

ziggimon

Postby ziggimon » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:53 am

Hi,

If it in any way can help speed up the process, feel free to use my RPM's from the Plex Forum: http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/top ... entosrhel/ They work with both CentOS 6/F14/15/16.

Looking forward to see a F16 release of Amahi :)

dashbad

Postby dashbad » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:54 pm

Is there an update on Plex for Amahi?

I'm very keen on using this....

Cheers

rcrh

Postby rcrh » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:08 am

It's been a few months since there was any news on this. Has support for Plex died?

I hope not.

Thanks for any info.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:22 am

The app is still in BETA and testing is on going as far as I know. I have not seen much activity in a while myself.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2