CPU: Intel quad core Q6600
Memory: 2gb
System Hard Disk: Ide Maxtor 190 Gb
Data Hard Disk: 6 X Western Digital 1Tb in Raid 5 mounted at /var/hda/files
System: Fedora 14
Kernel: 2.6.35.14-96.fc14.x86_64
Platform: 6.1.0-1
Core: 4.1.3-1

I've installed Amahi HDA from the new express cd, headless and I've the follow server running on it:

Transmission Server
Apache Web Server
DNS Server
DHCP Server
MySQL DB Server
File Server (Samba)
Amahi Dynamic DNS Updater
OpenVPN Server
Greyhole
AmahiTunes Server
Amahi Energy Saver Server

Everything was working before install PMS.

Now, after install PMS I've try open http://pms.sergionada.com/ but with no luck.

I've checked the server page in hda and there was AmahiTunes Server, Amahi Energy Saver Server and Plex Media Server Server stopped.

After reboot the system AmahiTunes Server was working but Amahi Energy Saver Server and Plex Media Server Server wasn't working.

Let Amahi Energy Saver Server working was very easy, I've change some preference in the AES page, save and... the server restart.

On the plex side no way to start the server and I went in the plexapp.com forum to search some info.

After read tones of post I've try to manually start the server to see what happens

I did:

in root

cd /var/hda/web-apps/pms/html

and then

sh start.sh

the output was:

6 3000 /var/hda/web-apps/pms/html/Library/Application Support
[root@localhost html]# ./Plex Media Server:/lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: File or directory doesen't exist

to solved it

yum install glibc.i686

and then I've repeat

sh start.sh

but now the output was

6 3000 /var/hda/web-apps/pms/html/Library/Application Support
[root@localhost html]# ./Plex Media Server: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Well, now I've try to install libstdc++ but already installed.

May be was better look at log file but the two file i found in /var/hda/web-apps/pms/logs are empty.

Please, ask me the information I've missed, I'm here to understand what was going wrong but now I need your help!

Thank you very much

Sergio

thejekocomputer

Re: Plex Media Server

Postby thejekocomputer » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:00 pm

found the solution!

in root

yum install libstdc++-4.5.1-4.fc14.i686

and now the server is up!

I can't go to http://pms.sergionada.com but I did a important step.

If you have tips, give me a line here.

Sergio

thejekocomputer

Postby thejekocomputer » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:04 pm

BINGO

I can go to set up page with:

http://localhost:32400/manage

I think there is a wrong link in the amahi app of pms to the set up page.

Now I go to populate my new pms/amahi hda.

sergio

thejekocomputer

Postby thejekocomputer » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:00 pm

one more upgrade:

I was talking about wrong link to setup page but I was wrong, after reboot everything work perfect!

Ciao

Sergio

inquam

Postby inquam » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:06 am

I figure the installation went ok since you finally got it up.
But the Plex Media Server application has a directive that redirects the http://pms.xxx (where xxx is you hda and local domain) to http://pms.xxx:32400/manage.
Also, you should not have to start the server manually like you mention. No extra installation of libraries should be necessary either, it's all part of the package. But libstdc++-4.5.1-4.fc14.i686 might be needed though. I probably already had it installed when creating the package and didn't run into that issue. Will add it to the package.
If you run start.sh by yourself a lot of environment variables are not correctly setup. This is done by the init script.

If it doesn't start using the server control panel then try to start it with /etc/init.d/plex_media_server start or service plex_media_server start.

Give it a try and report back with what it reports.

p.s.
Btw, it was probably due to your missing libstdc++.i686 that Amahi wasn't able to start the Plex Media Server. But check if it works now.
My HDA: Q6400, 8GB ram, 2x1TB disk in raid 1 for system drive, 6x2TB drives for storage

nalleju

Postby nalleju » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:23 am

Plex is only for Apple. :!:
They do not support Windows platform.

For Windows use miniDLNA and XBMC on the PC's. :D
Works lika a deam and looks fabulos.

agrider217

Postby agrider217 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:58 am

I was close Inquam...

inquam

Postby inquam » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:24 am

Plex is only for Apple. :!:
They do not support Windows platform.

For Windows use miniDLNA and XBMC on the PC's. :D
Works lika a deam and looks fabulos.
Plex supports OSX, iOS, Smart TV's from LG and Samsung and Android at the moment. A windows client has actually been spoken of. But with PleXBMC you are able to connect to the Plex Media Server with XBMC instead. If you use XBMC you might actually want to just connect to the samba shares instead and add them as sources in XBMC. I also recommend trying to get the Linux version of XBMC to work (if you don't use it on your main Windows PC). It's way faster and uses way less resources. On my HTPC which only has 2GB of ram I have 1.8GB free after booting XBMC. It shuts down in three seconds which is nice to :)
My HDA: Q6400, 8GB ram, 2x1TB disk in raid 1 for system drive, 6x2TB drives for storage

inquam

Postby inquam » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:25 am

I was close Inquam...
You should now have access to it in the applications tab of your HDA.

thejekocomputer

Postby thejekocomputer » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:38 am

Ciao inquam,
sorry not to be clear enough but after the last restart everything was working as aspected, I mean I can do everything from amahi hda page without use script!

Just to let you know, I've did a big test sunday, I mean I've try to stream on all my machine different movie (hd, sd, avi, mkw, mp4) trough wi fi, ethernet and 3g to my imac, macbook pro, ipad and iphone in the same time without any trouble!

Only one question: do you need I remove the stuff I installed and pms and than install it to see if the new package work as aspected?