Web Content Filtering - Dynamic DNS

smystaki

Web Content Filtering - Dynamic DNS

Postby smystaki » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:00 pm

It is known that HDA uses by default opendns DNS servers.
It is also known that AMAHI offers and updates really fast USERNAME.yourhda.com.

I 've seen in the forum people asking for dynamic dns and some others asking for content filtering.

I am using my router's customized functionality to update dns-O-matic that updates all the rest of my dynamic dns providers.
Could this functionality be an extra tab in networking setup.
They say it is easy
I say I'd love to see this implemented.

llyscilsaig

Re: Web Content Filtering - Dynamic DNS

Postby llyscilsaig » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:58 am

Hi,

Just giving this post a bit of a bump,

I have same issue, the server updates our external IP for the USERNAME.yourhda.com, and it also uses open DNS. Both of these features work great!

The issue is I want to be able to use the features like stats and content filtering on Open dns's site also. But I have a dynamic IP on my connection.

Have tried multiple update clients like, DDclient and it does not seam to reliable and also tried some other code that did not work at all. Also used dd-wrt router firmware but that has wireless performance issues on my router.

It would make a huge difference if either dns-o-matic or OpenDNS itself could be updated with my IP without the need for extra code or software?

Will it be possible for this feature to be added or even a reliable guide to use to set something up?

Thanks in advance! Tom