CLOSED: Amahi Energy Saver

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Amahi Energy Saver

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:03 pm

Wished I had more time and a better understanding of the app. I would be happy to port it to Ubuntu. This is not as straight forward as most of the apps I work.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

kikkegek

Postby kikkegek » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:37 am

have installed Ubuntu with XBMC on my HTPC and now my HDA does not wake up anymore, because I dont have the AES client installed anymore.

what is the linux equivalent solution for Ubuntu for this?

so:
- wake up server on boot, after standby, after hibernate

EDIT:
found it: Advanced WOL for XBMC
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121142

hope this helps others.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:48 am

Would be a good idea to add this to the wiki. Maybe we need to start a Ubuntu Tips page or something similar. We have a small tutorials section now, so a link could go there as well.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

erikkallberg

Postby erikkallberg » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:51 am

I had a look at why AES does not run in Ubuntu 12:04, and running:
ruby -d aes.rb
As root in directory, /var/hda/web-apps/aes/html/lib, which is what the rc sctipt does (except the -d flag for debug)
Gives the this output:
aes.rb:361: warning: (...) interpreted as grouped expression
aes.rb:405: warning: (...) interpreted as grouped expression
aes.rb:424: warning: (...) interpreted as grouped expression
Exception `LoadError' at /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:1241 - no such file to load -- rubygems/defaults/operating_system
Exception `NoMethodError' at /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rational.rb:78 - undefined method `gcd' for Rational(1, 2):Rational
Exception `LoadError' at /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36 - no such file to load -- popen4
Exception `LoadError' at /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36 - no such file to load -- ri_cal
Exception `LoadError' at /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36 - no such file to load -- xmlsimple

This lead me to suspect that aes does not use the ruby libs (that are installed in, /var/lib/gems/), so I tried using -I flag.
So using command :
ruby -d -I /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/xml-simple-1.1.1/lib -I /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/ri_cal-0.8.8/lib -I /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/popen4-0.1.2/lib -I /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/open4-1.3.0/lib -I /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/Platform-0.4.0/lib aes.rb
aes.rb:361: warning: (...) interpreted as grouped expression
aes.rb:405: warning: (...) interpreted as grouped expression
aes.rb:424: warning: (...) interpreted as grouped expression
Exception `LoadError' at /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:1241 - no such file to load -- rubygems/defaults/operating_system
Exception `NoMethodError' at /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rational.rb:78 - undefined method `gcd' for Rational(1, 2):Rational

Gets rid of the "require" errors, but still it is not working. I.e. web interface is still unavailable. And still the gcd method os undefined.
I would say that this indicates that AES runs the Ubuntu native gems libs rather than the once provided with amahi HDA.
I'm not familiar with Ruby and/or the system layout of amahi hda but perhaps this info is of use for somone looking into this problem.

jayrock

Postby jayrock » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:12 am

Looks like the install script, which was created for Fedora, does not work properly with Ubuntu. Can you run the script manually and post the output.

There is a log file of the Amahi app installer, I don't know the exact location in Ubuntu but it should be worthwhile checking.

#jayrock

[ Post made via Android ] Image

erikkallberg

Postby erikkallberg » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:24 am

Where do I find the install scripts for aes?
Or for anything hda!
I used the on-click install from dashboard!

jayrock

Postby jayrock » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:59 am

In Fedora, it was /var/hda/web-apps/aes/html/aes-extra/aes-install.sh.

The location of the Amahi log I cannot remember, maybe /var/log...?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:17 am

Yes AES does not work in Ubuntu which reflects why it's in ALPHA status for Ubuntu. There is a bug on the issue tracker to look into making this app compatible, however we have not had time.

http://bugs.amahi.org/issues/967

It is unlikely we will have time to work this app for some time. If Jayrock can work it into his schedule, it will get updated. Otherwise I am sorry to say it will remain Fedora 14 compatible only for now.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

larft

Postby larft » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:47 pm

First I should mention that I am not an expert at Linux but have managed to get by pretty well so far. I installed and used the earlier release of AES with no trouble and then bought the 0.9.5 version after moving to Fedora 14. Unfortunately I dorked up the installation pretty badly by messing up the installation of the dependencies, Ruby etc and cannot seem to uninstall or straighten the mess out and fear that I will have to reinstall my server to straighten things out, but that's probably appropriate to another thread. I do actually have AES working, but I have no way to administer it through the web interface, I get an error when I try to load it. What I want to know is how would I go about reinstalling AES without having to purchase it again? I can't find the install file for it on my system and can't seem to find any reference to the purchase in my Amahi account or see a way to download it again. I still have $1.01 left over from the $5 initial funds but that's all I can see. Any help that someone can provide to point me in the right direction would be appreciated!

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:27 am

Hello,

Sorry to hear things are all messed up. Good news is once you have purchased an app, you have it for life. A reinstall does not require another purchase.

If you are having problems with reinstall on the web site, please email support.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager