CLOSED: Amahi Energy Saver

modem7

Re: Amahi Energy Saver

Postby modem7 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:38 am

Hello modem7,
How does one reset current values of the power usage/saved chart?
Run this command in a root console:

Code: Select all

rm /usr/share/aes/energy-logger.yml
This will delete the recorded history.

Then click "Apply" to restart the service.
Also, is the usage in kwH? (under the 75/5 bit)?
Fantastic! Many thanks!

Do you mean in the Settings section at the bottom of the config page? That's power consumption in Watts [W].

Cheers,
jayrock

moncapitaine

Postby moncapitaine » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:10 am

Hi,

I just set up Amahi with Ubuntu 12.04 and installed AES via one-click.
Unfortunately, the web-interface won't come up.
According to the logs, AES seems to be running, though.
Is this a general Ubuntu problem or am I missing something?

TIA,

mc
Celeron G530, 8GB RAM, Intel SDD 80GB system, 8TB Storage. Fileserver and Mediaserver.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:12 am

It is not compatible with Ubuntu yet. The app is in ALPHA status, pending update by the author.

http://www.amahi.org/apps/amahi-energy-saver

The icons on the bottom right indicate the status of an app for each OS.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

kandice

Postby kandice » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:01 pm

Does anyone know when Energy Saver for new Amahi installs will be available for download (even if it's an alpha or beta release)?

Amahi Fedora has been retired, and should not be installed (so says the install instructions) and only Ubuntu is now supported. But having installed it, I find that all the features advertised at amahi.org/gallery that I wanted (AmahiTunes, Amahi Time Machine Backup) and Energy Saver no longer work with Amahi!

I'm about to jack it in and head to WHS with LightsOut, but Energy Saver is the one thing that would make me persevere... how long do I need to hold on for?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:21 pm

Quite honestly, I am unsure if the author is even porting Amahi Energy Saver to Ubuntu. We will have to engage with him and see if we can get it moving.

As for the rest, AmahiTunes and Amahi Time Machine Backup are being worked. AmahiTunes requires some code rewrite to work with anything newer than Fedora 14.

While the instructions indicate you should not install Fedora 14, you can if you choose. It will not receive any further updates but does work. If that is what provides you the best server features, then I recommend you go or stay with Fedora 14.

I will caution you that we will not support Fedora 14 any longer, but it should be stable enough for those apps you need. Going back to WHS should not be an option in my opinion. MS is slowly degrading the capability of WHS and eventually it will disappear I believe.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

kandice

Postby kandice » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:39 pm

I think we have different views of alpha status if we don't even know if Energy Saver is being ported to Ubuntu or not!

I'm not keen to install Fedora when it's clear from the instructions (and here) that it's not being developed any further, and I don't want to be stuck with 2012 version of Transmission and other apps; WHS today seems a more developed and bug-free proposition today then Amahi Fedora is, and will have future app development. I'm happy to run with Ubuntu in the knowledge that it's going to gain additional features in the future, but lack of Energy Saver (/Lightsout equivalent) is a deal-breaker I'm afraid, so was really hoping that it'd be round the corner.

The Amahi gallery page is very, very misleading in terms of its functionality as it stands right now.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:11 pm

Alpha status means an app is in the store, but not working or being developed. All Amahi apps start as ALPHA, even if there may be no code behind the app. It's when they get to BETA that things are being actively worked and it's moving closer to LIVE.

I have not checked to see what it would take to make it usable, so might be something simple we can do without the author. I will see what I can find out. Sad that one app makes that much of a difference in your decision.

Many apps such as this one are contributed by the user community. As a result, these folks disappear or are slow to update things. It's something we are hoping to overcome one day, but as an all volunteer team it is tough. We do the best we can with the limited resources available.

I can understand your position and don't blame you for not wanting to stay with Fedora 14. I only mentioned it as an option since you are relying on Amahi Energy Saver app.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

jayrock

Postby jayrock » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:22 pm

Dear bigfoot65
dear kandice,

I'm sorry to say that at the moment I don't have the time to port Amahi Energy Saver to Ubuntu. If someone likes to volunteer and take this task, please pm me.

Kind regards,

jayrock

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:28 pm

Do you think there would be much change needed? I was gonna test it in Ubuntu to see if it installs. Seems that if it's ruby, then it might work with little or no modification.

I could be mistaken of course since I don't use it, just looking at the app gave me that impression.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

kandice

Postby kandice » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:58 pm

Dear bigfoot65
dear kandice,

I'm sorry to say that at the moment I don't have the time to port Amahi Energy Saver to Ubuntu. If someone likes to volunteer and take this task, please pm me.
Not a problem Jayrock, I understand there are many other priorities in people's lives! I very much appreciate the response.