Networking page - suggestions (for ease of use)

hfl

Networking page - suggestions (for ease of use)

Postby hfl » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:21 am

First page should give a list of connected devices (only). In a way this was what I expected from that page.

DHCP page lists any computer that got a DHCP lease (active and inactive ones). There is very little information with each entry. To find out what's (in)active and MAC addresses you need to expand every item - why not just list all information in a row so that we can see all items altogether?
Consider to add a line(s) of text for important information like DHCP is from 192.168.0.100 upwards - so we do not make something wrong or do not need to search it in the wiki.

Static IPs page: Display rather in 1 line than via blocks that need to be expanded.
Consider to add a line(s) of text for important information like Static IPs are between 192.168.0.001 192.168.0.100, and remind about the IP address selected already for the Amahi server - - so we do not make something wrong or do not need to search it in the wiki.

This would be (hopefully) minor but add a lot to ease of use and understanding of Amahi. Thank you very much for consideration,

fl

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Networking page - suggestions (for ease of use)

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:19 am

Sounds good. One thing to keep in mind is you are reminded of static IP ranges when you create them. It will not let you choose anything above 99 in the wizard.

Same with DHCP, it will not assign any IP <100. These are enforced, but it could be added to the dashboard page as a reminder possibly.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2