CLOSED: Availability to customize dashboard?

aa2k

CLOSED: Availability to customize dashboard?

Postby aa2k » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:15 am

Hi,
It would be nice if we could somehow customize the dashboard somehow, e.g. be able to choose to show "Latest news" or not to show it (specially if the news listed are so old and makes the dashboard/server look outdated and not fresh), maybe be able to place a picture instead or a link to a local (home) link or file/share location, maybe be able to change the background only, etc. without the need of creating a brand new theme - which some of us cant do as easy...

It would be nice to have this option.

Thanks!

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Availability to customize dashboard?

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:45 am

Agreed. This is on the list of features, however it's priority for implementation has become overwhelmed by other tasks/priorities.

See http://bugs.amahi.org/issues/show/310.

Feel free to add to this as needed.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

rgmhtt

Postby rgmhtt » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:32 am

For an 'easy' starter, I would want to turn the news listing off. My family does not need to see this, and I have the info directly from this site.

frodemann

Postby frodemann » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:10 pm

Has this been given any thought since 2010?

I would like to use the dashboard as my home page that opens when I start my browser - kind of a reminder to see if the HDA is OK ...

Then it would be nice to be able to put on a link leading to, say Google - or my default news site - you get the idea.

Maybe this have been made possible to do, but I cant find any info on how to do it.

Regards

frodemann

edit: typo

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:15 pm

This is currently not possible. There is no recent feature request related to this functionality.

BTW, this thread is over 7 years old. We prefer users to start a new one with most cases.

Best way to make suggestions is to submit a bug report and identify this is a feature request.

Forums is not the place to make suggestions as the developers do not frequent them.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

frodemann

Re: CLOSED: Availability to customize dashboard?

Postby frodemann » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:42 am

ok, thanks

Frode